Trading up worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The easiest gun to carry that I currently own is a Kahr P380 with Crimson Trace Laser Guard. I'm seriously considering trading up to a Kahr PM9. For you guys that own Kahrs, does this seem like a reasonable step up? I really like the little Kahr and the PM9 seems to be a slightly larger version of the P380.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own both and I'd say save your pennies and buy the PM9 later on. I wouldn't give one up for the other.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Normally, I can't stand .380s either but the Kahr is much smaller than the PM9. Naturally the 9mm trumps the .380 7ways till Sunday, but there's a trade off of concealability that one has to consider for their needs. The P380 conceals better than any other small platform I've owned including and especially snubbies.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Normally, I can't stand .380s either but the Kahr is much smaller than the PM9. Naturally the 9mm trumps the .380 7ways till Sunday, but there's a trade off of concealability that one has to consider for their needs. The P380 conceals better than any other small platform I've owned including and especially snubbies.

I hear you but if you can't conceal a PM9,you're not trying very hard.They're very small.JMHO

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those that own both, understand there's a significant difference. :D In size and weight.

Agreed. I own both and the sum of the differences add up. I use the P380 almost exclusively for pocket carry with dress slacks. Conceals better than a j-frame and because it's lighter than the PM9 it doesn't flop around as much. With FMJs it will penetrate to the vitals. I pocket carry the PM9 in jeans and cargo pants when not IWB carrying my HK or Glock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom