Trading up worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also own both. On paper, a quarter inch here and half inch there doesn't seem like much. In practice, there is a noticeable difference. If I had neither and could only have one, it would be the PM9; but (for me) that means IWB only. If I were in your position, I would keep the 380 and save up for the PM9.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've made my posts, I've expressed my thoughts, take from it what you chose. I'm begining to feel like I'm running around the maypole on this one. Size has been focused on because the OP was about size. Or so that's what I got from it. Yes, of course the 9mm has a performance gain over .380. 460 S&W magnum has a performance advantage over 9mm. A person is going to go with whatever rig they chose. I know a person who goes with a .25. I wouldn't, but it beats fingernails. Hope that settles something (wishful thinking, I know).

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I used to carry a S&W 442, but I now pocket carry a PM9 daily. It hides quite well in cargo type shorts which is what I wear 95% of the time. Still, having handled a P380 at the store a few times, I was truly impressed with how tiny it actually is, even compared to the PM9 which is also tiny. If you like your P380, I'd keep it and save for a PM9. If I had to carry in dress slacks, I would either look into something lighter like the P380 or perhaps a scandium snub, or use a smartcarry and not pocket carry at all. I got my PM9 at gtdist.com, they had an excellent price on it.

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom