Transmission just went out. Need recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trans turned into a blender in my 2002 Chevy Silverado. Who do you guys recommend in the OKC/Moore/Norman area?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Broadway transmission in Edmond. Owners name is Joe Anderson. He's made me some good deals when I tell him I'm paying cash.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not keiths transmission on south OKC.

Had good luck with DC transmission rebuilding a 2004R for my grand national and a 4L60E for a GMC pickup. The dude is honest and knowledgeable. To give you an idea on cost, the 4L60E was almost $1,800 for the rebuild, he yanked and installed the tranny and it took a little over a week to get the truck back.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure you have it somewhere by now, but I would second action transmission in Norman. He helped me out with my auto to standard transmission swap in an old bronco a while back. And he is a Chevy guy that seems to know the 4l60/4l80 inside and out. (It's a Chevy so it probably doesn't take long to get familiar with fixing them...haha).

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I already have it back. I called around but DC transmission turned it around in just a couple of days. Tommy at DC is good to go. Wayne at action transmission seemed legit too. Thanks for all the advice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom