04 Chevy Impala knock sensor bank 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, so I have an '04 Chevy Impala LS, the bank 2 knock sensor needs replaced. The mechanic shop I am currently using says that the transmission has to be dropped to get to it. My former mechanic, who took months and months to do anything, said you can get it off with a crow's foot wrench. I'd rather not pay $700+ to replace a $20 sensor. So does anyone know a decent mechanic, that can get the knock sensor off without dropping the transmission?

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, it's an '04 Impala. If you don't have a scanner get one and clear the code yourself. To spend that much money on an almost 20 year old car makes no sense.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve done the knock sensors on my 06 truck twice. Yours doesn’t look to bad and I’d do it myself and use the saved money to buy a new gun. Your 04 shouldn’t be much different

Last edited:

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve done the knock sensors on my 06 truck twice. Yours doesn’t look to bad and I’d do it myself and use the saved money to buy a new gun. Your 04 shouldn’t be much different

1693242719002.png

His is a 3800 and it's on the back of the engine wedged between the engine and the transmission. You need a modified crowfoot or a swivel and socket and some patience. If he doesn't turn wrenches often, this is not a DIY project for him.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 405894

His is a 3800 and it's on the back of the engine wedged between the engine and the transmission. You need a modified crowfoot or a swivel and socket and some patience. If he doesn't turn wrenches often, this is not a DIY project for him.

Exactly!!!! Thank you!!! That looks like a huge pain in the essel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom