Trauma Surgeons Call for 'War on Ammunition'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[About a dozen surgeons who spoke to ABC News -- some of whom said they owned guns themselves for protection -- agreed that they'd like to see guns taken off the streets across the United States, but conceded that it was an impossibility.

"Have all the guns you want," said Dr. Nicholas Namias, medical director of Ryder Trauma Center. "We need a war on ammunition."

Zakrison said she could tell immediately when a victim entered the emergency room whether they'd been hit by an assault weapon or a handgun.

"Absolutely," she said. "[It] looks like a bomb has gone off on the inside."

She said she wants the bullets used today in many semiautomatic weapons to be banned.

Not only do assault rifle bullets travel about three times as fast through the rifle's longer barrel, but they are designed not just to strike but to explode or fragment, causing extensive damage.]

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trauma-surgeons-treated-baby-shot-womb-call-war/story?id=18010195

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Complete crap.

She may be able to tell the difference between a high powered rifle bullet wound and a handgun bullet wound, but no one can distinguish between a Ruger #1 and AR, from the examination of a single wound.

Reminds me of the shill surgeon they got to comment on the "Infamous" Black Talon handgun bullets back in the '90's. She said that she'd refuse to operate on someone that had been shot with one, for fear of lacerating her gloved fingers during surgery to remove an expanded bullet. Guess she'd never pulled a glass fragment out of a wound in 4 years of Med School and 5 years of Residency...

Just about ALL of the Residency trained EM guys and Surgeons that I've come to know have been "Gun guys".

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Complete crap.

She may be able to tell the difference between a high powered rifle bullet wound and a handgun bullet wound, but no one can distinguish between a Ruger #1 and AR, from the examination of a single wound.

Reminds me of the shill surgeon they got to comment on the "Infamous" Black Talon handgun bullets back in the '90's. She said that she'd refuse to operate on someone that had been shot with one, for fear of lacerating her gloved fingers during surgery to remove an expanded bullet. Guess she'd never pulled a glass fragment out of a wound in 4 years of Med School and 5 years of Residency...

Just about ALL of the Residency trained EM guys and Surgeons that I've come to know have been "Gun guys".

I'd say she needs to go back to school anyways. You take foreign objects out with forceps, not your fingers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom