Tripod set up for rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Set this up this weekend. I bought a decent carbon fiber Oben tripod with ballhead rated for 20#. My boss is a pro photographer who spends $$$$ on his tripods. He said this would be a good one for my application. A short Keymod picatinny rail section and Vortex picatinny tripod adaptor. The rail section was under $10. The adaptor $31 from Amazon. Extra QD plates run $24. The tripod was on sale at B&H for $149. The legs articulate 180 degrees and it has an max height of 65". Seems pretty sturdy and has lots of adjustability.

IMG_8370.jpeg

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personal preference. The saddle set ups seem a little bulkier to me. And cost. I set this one up for a little more than half the cost of that set up. That looks like a great set up and has 31 pound capacity while the Oben is 20. But all I needed was 10-12 pound capacity. Once I get a chance to try this one in the field I will report back.

I like it. Is there a reason why you didn’t run a pig saddle other than cost?

I’ve been looking at this place
https://www.nightgoggles.com/shop/n...ing_wp_cron=1518299641.2997200489044189453125

Latest posts

Top Bottom