“Show Ignored Content”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, however like everything else, with technology the English language is changing in the ways of spelling, and sentence structure and grammar. It’s no different than when your/mine grandparents went to school. Most ppl type as if they are txting
I look at the cards my granny writes me and it’s amazing how different things are.
Cursive pretty much not being taught
No one writes letters anymore
The president is dead he’s hologram and the lizard ppl are real
Governor Stitt just signed a new law that makes it a requirement for students to learn how to read and write cursive. About time!

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True, however like everything else, with technology the English language is changing in the ways of spelling, and sentence structure and grammar. It’s no different than when your/mine grandparents went to school. Most ppl type as if they are txting
I look at the cards my granny writes me and it’s amazing how different things are.
Cursive pretty much not being taught
No one writes letters anymore
The president is dead he’s hologram and the lizard ppl are real
I was taught to double space after periods when typing on a computer. I guess that was the typewriter way of spacing. Still surprises me when people can’t type without looking at their fingers.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was taught to double space after periods when typing on a computer. I guess that was the typewriter way of spacing. Still surprises me when people can’t type without looking at their fingers.
I learned the same and still do it, but my wife told me that’s old school. One space is correct now. :anyone:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@1Mudman is right. Us ‘boomers’ that some like to call us had to do everything for a grade. A real grade, not some made up crap that allowed us to pass grade. If you couldn’t do it, you went to summer school or took remedial classes until you did. If you couldn’t do that, you got held back.
That’s right, once something gets hammered in your head enough, that’s how you figure out how things work.
It’s also how you figure out your niche in life and how to profit from it.
If that what makes a ‘boomer’ I proudly wear the monicker.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one is on my ignore list

Governor Stitt just signed a new law that makes it a requirement for students to learn how to read and write cursive. About time!
👬

Cursive is a waste of time. School spent years teaching me cursive only to go to college and be told to only write lab journals in perfect capital block letters. If an employee gives me something written in cursive I throw it away, reason: "illegible." Almost as bad as writing in blue pen. What I have ran into and, only in Oklahoma, is people acting like they they are smart and special "I write in cursive, I hope you can read it, not everyone can read it" I often reply, "Yea I can read cursive, but I dont like to because it's gay."

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That may be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. I'd much rather there be better classes towards typing, shop, home ec, how to do taxes, how to recognize scams, and hundreds of other topics.

I learned cursive when I was in school, and IIRC I've used it precisely zero times in my life since then.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That may be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. I'd much rather there be better classes towards typing, shop, home ec, how to do taxes, how to recognize scams, and hundreds of other topics.

I learned cursive when I was in school, and IIRC I've used it precisely zero times in my life since then.
Yea it would have been cool if instead of cursive they taught me about say maybe...interest rates.

But wouldn't learning about taxes and learning about scams be the same thing? 🤔

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is a typewriter?
Is this a boomer thing?

Latest posts

Top Bottom