Trying to figure out these candidates, need help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this from the NRA today for Michael J Hunter.... I guess he's OK

Not very professional in the graphics design department, IMO, and even less appealing in the logic department. I don't care for his opponent either so I'm voting against both...easy to do since I'm registered Independent and have no vote in the primary.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never trust what a politician says or writes - watch what they DO, as in actual votes. The reality is Fisher will barely leave the starting gate next Tuesday and won't make the runoff which will be between two in this group: Stitt, Cornett, Lamb. Fisher's fighting the wrong battles and didn't really bring an effective political message to the campaign. He's already been measured in the political arena with his time as a state representative and he didn't have any draw beyond local appeal. Therefore, he had no access to the mother's milk of politics: money. That means hardly any media buys which means few votes. Calculus is not required to figure this out as money is the only variable that means anything.
I agree with what you are saying. I know Fisher doesn’t have a chance. If he was rich he would. That’s a sad fact. That should tell the people of Oklahoma and this nation one of the biggest problems we have today with these people running for office. The more money you have the better the chance you have to win. The amount of money that is wasted on elections by candidates is sickening. I can almost guarantee that Lamb has it wrapped. Do we will get Mary 2.0 as someone else said.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were thinking Cornett, you think he'd be a good choice?

I liked him when I lived in OKC, thought he danced very carefully through the various minefields while actually accomplishing laudable goals. Make no mistake, Mick is certainly considered one of the boys in the club of cronies so he will be responsive to their needs. The interesting part will be discerning just how much he is doing that from his campaign messages.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were thinking Cornett, you think he'd be a good choice?
In my honest opinion, I wouldn’t vote for Cornett if he was the last person on earth. He is a politician looking to make a career out of it. I remember when he went on the today show or something like that. He only cares for himself. Not our state. But he sure takes credit for everything good that has happened in the city. He did some good but he wasn’t the only one that did it. I know he probably won’t win but I am voting for Fisher. I am a Christian and have heard him speak several times and his message is great. And he is very knowledgeable about our country’s history. Especially the constitution and bill of rights.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying. I know Fisher doesn’t have a chance. If he was rich he would. That’s a sad fact. That should tell the people of Oklahoma and this nation one of the biggest problems we have today with these people running for office. The more money you have the better the chance you have to win. The amount of money that is wasted on elections by candidates is sickening. I can almost guarantee that Lamb has it wrapped. Do we will get Mary 2.0 as someone else said.

As you can read at #53, I think Cornett has a shot. IMO, Stitt is a stuffed shirt. I've seen Lamb up close and find him wanting on several fronts, being Mary 2.0 is one of the smaller reasons to move him down the list.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you can read at #53, I think Cornett has a shot. IMO, Stitt is a stuffed shirt. I've seen Lamb up close and find him wanting on several fronts, being Mary 2.0 is one of the smaller reasons to move him down the list.
Let’s face it. We are screwed no matter who we get. I just really hope Connie Johnson or Drew Edmondson doesn’t win.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know he probably won’t win but I am voting for Fisher. I am a Christian and have heard him speak several times and his message is great. And he is very knowledgeable about our country’s history. Especially the constitution and bill of rights.

The bolded portion ought to be a minimal bar of what we expect from someone seeking political office rather than appearing unique among those vying for election. Fisher hasn't figured out he's not running for super preacher or some such position and that kind of appeal only reaches a fraction of the votes needed to be elected. The problem with Fisher is he doesn't have the political savvy to understand that.

snafu21

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's where we are so far and we only have till Tuesday

Governor
Mick Cornett
LT Governor
?
State Auditor & Inspector
Charlie Prater