Trying to figure out these candidates, need help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
after operating costs, 75% of the tax goes to education

Actually, the operative words are "budgeted amount" for the regulatory office, which is surely a moving target, mostly up.
"Operating costs" is nowhere in the language.

A retail sales tax of only 7% probably won't yield much for education after Subsection C of Section 7. Especially after 584 school districts divvy it up. Where's the provision for city and county sales tax?

All I need to do is state a medical need to my podiatrist, veterinarian or dentist and I can apply for a 2 year license. Can't wait. Then I can show up for work stoned all week.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, the operative words are "budgeted amount" for the regulatory office, which is surely a moving target, mostly up.
"Operating costs" is nowhere in the language.

A retail sales tax of only 7% probably won't yield much for education after Subsection C of Section 7. Especially after 584 school districts divvy it up. Where's the provision for city and county sales tax?

All I need to do is state a medical need to my podiatrist, veterinarian or dentist and I can apply for a 2 year license. Can't wait. Then I can show up for work stoned all week.

veterinarian isn't anywhere in the language, and as you said, you need to apply for a license with the state. the state is not going to approve a license for a human based on the signature of a veterinarian.

you can't show up stoned... DUI laws apply to prescription drugs already, and workplace safety standards would be unchanged. this law would group MMJ with prescription drugs for issues of workplace safety.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
those missing regulations are missing because that's what the legislature is for. they have had two years to begin working on these regulations in case the question passes. after next week, if passed, they'll have 30 days.

lack of qualifying conditions is a good thing, because it can treat so many disorders and diseases. a list of conditions would necessarily exclude some people who could greatly benefit from cannabis.

the risk of overdose on tylenol or advil, even caffeine, is death. there is no such risk with cannabis.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kevin Stitt, R. for Gov is kind of like a Trump. He's not a career politician, but a business person that has done well, and wants to interject business practices into state management.
I'm going to look more into his campaign.
Kevin Stitt, R. for Gov is kind of like a Trump. He's not a career politician, but a business person that has done well, and wants to interject business practices into state management.
I'm going to look more into his campaign.
I don't know Kevin Stitt except for going to some of his rallies. He is who I'm most impressed with especially since he IS NOT a politician

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
veterinarian isn't anywhere in the language, and as you said, you need to apply for a license with the state. the state is not going to approve a license for a human based on the signature of a veterinarian.

You're right. But "Board Certified physician" is. Says nothing about being a medical doctor. As a matter of fact, Veterinarians are most usually a board certified doctor.

you can't show up stoned... DUI laws apply to prescription drugs already, and workplace safety standards would be unchanged. this law would group MMJ with prescription drugs for issues of workplace safety.

Unless you can prove impairment, whatcha gonna do about it? Send me for a drug test? lol...

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
those missing regulations are missing because that's what the legislature is for. they have had two years to begin working on these regulations in case the question passes. after next week, if passed, they'll have 30 days.

lack of qualifying conditions is a good thing, because it can treat so many disorders and diseases. a list of conditions would necessarily exclude some people who could greatly benefit from cannabis.

the risk of overdose on tylenol or advil, even caffeine, is death. there is no such risk with cannabis.

That whole argument is just silly. Why don't you just admit you want recreational pot legal and be done with it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom