Tula and Wolf Ammo Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK so apparently there has been an issue with Wolf and Tula Ammo from what I am being told by the tech at I.O. Inc, he said that the primers being used have thin walls and are letting the firing pins punch through them which would then create the issue that I have had with their Hellhound AK. However I would like to call BS on this mainly because I am using the exact same ammo in my AMD-65 and have not had a single issue with the firing pin blowing out the back.

Does anyone have any input on this?

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The kicker is I reload so I know if I experience an issue one of the first things I do is check the case from the round I fired last, I checked them all and not a single one had a pierced primer, no mushroomed primers, absolutely no signs of over pressure. I am sending the rifle back for the 3rd time, maybe they will figure something out this time.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I have the feeling IO doesn't want to admit that they made a crap product, I am just confused that if the ammo isn't good for their rifle, shouldn't it not be good for the AMD and shouldnt the AMD be having the same issue? I would think so but apparently I is dumb or something.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I have the feeling IO doesn't want to admit that they made a crap product, I am just confused that if the ammo isn't good for their rifle, shouldn't it not be good for the AMD and shouldnt the AMD be having the same issue? I would think so but apparently I is dumb or something.

I am going to go with you being dumb. :-p

Latest posts

Top Bottom