TulAmmo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man is that stuff annoying. I went to the range the other day to try out a new load I worked up and decided while I was there I would be a little range chicken and pick up some brass. Well, I got very little brass but the whole place was littered with steel case tulammo, 22, and some berdan primered stuff. I think I could deal with the 22 and the russian stuff littering the place, but now that nobody wants all of the other casings it seems to really litter the range pretty badly.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man is that stuff annoying. I went to the range the other day to try out a new load I worked up and decided while I was there I would be a little range chicken and pick up some brass. Well, I got very little brass but the whole place was littered with steel case tulammo, 22, and some berdan primered stuff. I think I could deal with the 22 and the russian stuff littering the place, but now that nobody wants all of the other casings it seems to really litter the range pretty badly.

What exactly is your complaint? This really doesn't have anything at all to ammo. Is does your range have people collect their own brass? If so your quarrel is with the lazy shooters. If the range staff clears the brass, then your quarrel lies with them.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, I was on the edge as to general discussion or ammo talk but since it specifically mentioned a brand of ammo and I don't really want to be banned for posting in the wrong forum I just chose this one.

I usually shoot at a public range in Pawnee, that is open and free to all so there is no one cleaning up the brass. In the past it was only "cleaned" by us range chickens. I guess it all could be chalked up to lazy shooters. And my complaint is that I want the brass so I hate how cheap the steel cased ammo is for non reloaders to buy and just let lay afterwards. I see its place in the market and understand it, I just don't like it. Nothing special about my post, just wanted to vent, it was a very frustrating hunt that day.

permafrost

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pick up all kinds of steel and brass in my shooting area,,,i like the fact that when building a gasket that i can use some worthless spent ammo and use it to punch the holes in my gaskets....when done with it i can put the steel in my recycle bin ...when it gets full i cart all my saved scrap to standard iron
and exchange it for money

Latest posts

Top Bottom