Tire Options; Namebrand or Knockoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to upgrade the wheels on my tundra, and have found some 20” takeoffs that I’m hoping to pick up in the next week or two. I’m wanting to go put on a relatively inexpensive tire as I don’t see any point in spending 2 grand on rubber.

Walmart.com of all places has the best prices in a 275/60r20 AT, but I can’t decide between 3 options.
Ironman all country’s in a Load range E (123 rating). I’ve had these in the past, they’re good budget tires and I trust their build quality for towing.

Cooper Discoverer’s in a 115 index, so basically a Load Range D. Definitely not my preferred ply rating but they are a name brand that is considered good to go.

This third no name brand in a very attractively priced Load Range E. No experience with them.

Which would you choose? Do you think the cheapodepot in the E range is as well built as the Ironman? Do you think either of those are better than the lighter constructed Cooper? These are going on a half ton, not an everyday puller, but they will see reasonable weight as I do use the truck.

Attachments

• DB62F4B0-DE26-4197-85F8-35940FB15A73.png
    DB62F4B0-DE26-4197-85F8-35940FB15A73.png
    754.1 KB · Views: 6

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run the Cooper Discoverer AT3 on all 3 of my trucks. Albeit with the E load rating. They have performed well for me over the last 2-3 years.

I would avoid anything without at least a name on it. Those no-names have done me dirty in the past (typically used on trailers though.)

If you have tried and like the Ironman, then I'd say you likely would be OK with them again.

Just my $.02

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in love w discount tire. They have a brand there that’s a kumho tire. I’ll get you the name of it later. I just put em on my truck. Maybe they have 20’s

I've used Discount Tire almost exclusively for about the past 30 years. Aside from good tires at good prices, their service is always excellent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom