Tulsa Area Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suggest some good places around Tulsa to Fish. I would like to find a few good places to catch crappie and sand bass. When will they start biting? I have a kayak and would like to stay with in 60 miles of Broken Arrow for the most part.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only places I've fished for sandies are Fort Gibson and Keystone dams, but it was later in the fall before I learned how to do it right. I do remember my neighbors doing really well on sandies about midsummer though, bringing home 90+(between the 4 or 5 of them). This year I'm better prepared with equipment and knowledge, so I hope to have a much better season and a full freezer by winter.

I too would like to know a good place for crappie that could be reached by paddle. I absolutely love crappie fishing, but just don't know where to go around here. I've been itching to get my canoe out somewhere where I don't have to paddle my arms off from the wind. I've heard Sahoma is pretty decent sometimes, but last time I was there they were suffering from lack of water too. That was before all this rain and snow though, so the lake level might be back up.

Good luck if you get out! If you make it to the dams, I always wear a bright yellow Gadsden flag(Don't Tread On Me) hat. I've yet to see anyone else around Tulsa wearing one anyway.

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't mind making a little longer of a trip you can crappie fish by the Bernice bridge on Grand and do great. They call it the crappie capital of the world or something like that.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
if you are going to use a kayak i would suggest some of the smaller lakes because of the bigger boats. you might try green leaf. the main creek channel in the upper end is good crappie spot during spawn season.taft lake west of muskogee has some nice crappie in it. van lake south of wagoner.talluahsse loop is good during spring,billy creek. if big water doesn't scare you try ft gibson around white horn cove. straight accross the lake from the boat ramp is jane dennis creek and clear creek that has standing timber in it.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out Pumpback (aka Chimney Rock Lake, aka W.R.Holway Lake)

It's about 50 miles out, just SE of Salina.

No gas engines allowed on the lake, so it's great for smaller boats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom