Tulsa Co. Commissioners vote to terminate contract with ICE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/tulsa-co-commissioners-vote-to-terminate-contract-with-ice

[Begin quote]

TULSA, Okla. — The Tulsa Board of County Commissioners is terminating its contract with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The board voted Monday to give I.C.E. a 90-day notice that the immigration service will no longer hold inmates at the Tulsa County Jail, according Casey Roebuck, the director of public information with the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office.

The I.C.E. pods at the jail hold up to 200 inmates, according to Roebuck. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, she said the jail has new safety pods and it had to change staffing levels to quarantine inmates.

Roebuck said they will no longer have to do audits required by I.C.E., which were expensive and took a lot of time.

She said there were no politics involved, and it was a financial decision that only affects inmates the jail was holding from other jurisdictions.

Roebuck said TCSO plans to work with I.C.E. to uphold its 287(g) contract, which means people with holds for I.C.E that are arrested in Tulsa County will still be held at the jail.

[End quote]

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, I can totally accept that it was a financial decision. The Feds are the epitome of the old saying "when you pay the Danegeld, you get stuck with the Dane." Where I used to work, our department didn't take any Federal money, but because others did, every department had to put up with their Federal nonsense. Screw that noise. Just don't take their free lunch and you won't have to pay for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom