Tumbler recommendation needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanwk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I learned a lesson today. My Harbor Freight vibrating tumbler bit the dust. It ran all night and this morning the motor was struggling, the bowl was rotating and the retaining screw for the lid is stripped. Which tumbler should I get to replace it? Thanks.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hate to sound like a dillon rep, but my dillon tumblers are like tanks. I dont know what motor they use, but they are stout. Cost is a little extra, but the longevity seems to pay off.

On the same note, other than dillon tumblers, I only have experience with FA and RCBS.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of the Lyman 3200 turbos and love it, I've had it for years and yes I've had to replace the motor a couple of times but guessing I would say I've had it well a long time. I run a mess of brass thought so I'm thinking it has held up very good. I'd get either a Lyman or Dillon if I had to purchase one today. Later,

Kirk

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to say it but I love my $40 Frankford Arsenal, tumbled around 5k pieces with it so far with 0 problems, its ran for 24 hrs straight in 100 degree heat on several different occasions in my garage.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my Hornady M2 tumbler. I've run over 14k rounds through it now and it keeps right on chuggin along. I can usually do around 500 rounds of 9mm, 400+/- of 45ACP, 400 of 357, 750 of 380 ACP, or 200 rounds of .243/.308 Win per time. Takes between an hour and 1.5 hours to get them done. For some reason my 45 ACP takes the longest and the rifle is the quickest. Figure that one out.

89hits

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I made mine with a motor from a kirby vacuum and some bike gears. Works great and expect it to run forever.
I'll try to get some pics up with parts list.Just get your wifes Kirby!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom