TV gun show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sure wish we had a local TV gun show. I am sure anyone in Oklahoma could put out something better than SOG and American Guns. Even a weekly show talking about issues like OC and CC as well as gun reviews. I know for sure I would watch it if someone produced the show.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sass talking Red Jacket Will is gonna put you on the list! He'll invent a new gun called the "AR15" or something and hunt you down like a tannerite filled choo choo train.

These shows get dumber and dumber. Last one I saw had some super fast shooting kid that they built a rifle for...oddly enough they either sped up or slowed down every single bit of footage so you couldn't see how fast he really was. Same episode showed them customizing a S&W M&P45 with a trigger job and a paint job all for the low cost of $1500...so bad was the price the daughter quoted the buyer that store owner/dad chastises her for their lack of profit. Supposedly the airbrushed zebra print paint job on it cost Gunsmoke $800. Whaaaat???seriously we are supposed to believe a $600 (high retail) M&P45+trigger job+zebra paint=$1500 and only a $100 profit on the sale.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sass talking Red Jacket Will is gonna put you on the list! He'll invent a new gun called the "AR15" or something and hunt you down like a tannerite filled choo choo train.

These shows get dumber and dumber. Last one I saw had some super fast shooting kid that they built a rifle for...oddly enough they either sped up or slowed down every single bit of footage so you couldn't see how fast he really was. Same episode showed them customizing a S&W M&P45 with a trigger job and a paint job all for the low cost of $1500...so bad was the price the daughter quoted the buyer that store owner/dad chastises her for their lack of profit. Supposedly the airbrushed zebra print paint job on it cost Gunsmoke $800. Whaaaat???seriously we are supposed to believe a $600 (high retail) M&P45+trigger job+zebra paint=$1500 and only a $100 profit on the sale.

I lol'd at that M&P price as well. These shows throw out some stupid prices for run of the mill stuff. At least on AG they actually will make a firearm from a block of steel. RJ looks like they just assemble parts to me. IDK where they find people stupid enough to pay the super inflated prices they quote on the shows.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite tv night is Midway's Wednesday night on the range so I'd be in favor of an Okie show. Heck, call it OSA report or something.
Not to hijack but I have to really be bored to watch sons of guns or american guns. The drama, as with most of the current so-called reality shows gets pretty stupid. These shows will run their course and then we can go back to watching some really stupid sitcoms, etc. Thank goodness I know where the off button is.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My plan would be to hand him a 36 pack of crispy cremes which he'd go to town on like homer simpson after a juice clense(a hunch based purely on his current near critical mass physique), while going in to detail about his inability to lead 6 people in the most mundane and simple project during his fits of rage induced delirium. He'll likely stroke out from the sugar coma and high blood pressure combo, but if that doesn't work I'll just shoot out his hip socket so that next season he has to fling feces at all the employees from a recliner or rascal. At least then the show would be funny.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got tired of Sons of Guns almost immediately, not nearly enough substance for how much blabbering and drama goes on. The integrally suppressed AK was pretty cool though, I just wish I could have watched more about it and less about who pissed in who's cornflakes.

I actually do like Top Shot though, some of the standard reality BS goes down but it's interesting enough for me to look past all that.

Really I think the best format right now for watching a firearm/shooting show is to go on youtube. There are some pretty decent, regularly produced programs on there. Nutnfancy does pretty good gun/gear related stuff, with some tactics mixed in. I recently discovered Powerfactorshow for more competition and training type material. Of course there is always FPSRussia for your over-the-top entertainment fix.

It would be cool to have an actual good TV show like some of these, for increased production quality and such.

Latest posts

Top Bottom