TV Repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old Samsung is going out and after doing some googling and reading it's pretty cheap to fix rather than throw it out and buy a new one. So I'd like to fix this one, but I'm having a hard time finding the part I need. I need to replace the IC chip (about $15) but I don't think I have the tools and patience to do that repair and not damage other part of the board as others have. I can get a new T-Con board (about $70) which would be a lot easier but they are out of stock everywhere I look. So I guess my question is where can I find parts local, small shop that would have parts on the shelf, or even suggestions on a repair shop that could replace the chip for me since I don't want to? Anyone here good with repairs like this? I think all it requires is a heat gun, soldering iron and patience.

gregb21

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old Samsung is going out and after doing some googling and reading it's pretty cheap to fix rather than throw it out and buy a new one. So I'd like to fix this one, but I'm having a hard time finding the part I need. I need to replace the IC chip (about $15) but I don't think I have the tools and patience to do that repair and not damage other part of the board as others have. I can get a new T-Con board (about $70) which would be a lot easier but they are out of stock everywhere I look. So I guess my question is where can I find parts local, small shop that would have parts on the shelf, or even suggestions on a repair shop that could replace the chip for me since I don't want to? Anyone here good with repairs like this? I think all it requires is a heat gun, soldering iron and patience.

I replaced a board in my Samsung about a year ago. It was fairly easy. I googled the symptoms and then googled the parts and ordered the board. If I remember correctly it was the T-con board. If you change the board, you just unplug the connectors and replace the board.. I wouldn't replace the chip, I would do the board. If you have any questions on what I did just ask.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have the exact number with me, but just based off what I read from others with the same TV it is V520H1-C06. The TV is a Samsung LN46A500T1F.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a tv given to me that had the PSU repaired but the symptoms led me to believe that it was the main board. Lots of little parts and a pain to deal with so I just paid someone to replace everything rather than buy the parts and hope I could desolder and resolder correctly.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/discountdescramblersdotcom/m.html?ssPageName=&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2654

40 bucks plus shipping to Florida and it was back to me in about a week. Mine was the LN46A550P3FXZA and well worth the fix.

gregb21

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a tv given to me that had the PSU repaired but the symptoms led me to believe that it was the main board. Lots of little parts and a pain to deal with so I just paid someone to replace everything rather than buy the parts and hope I could desolder and resolder correctly.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/discountdescramblersdotcom/m.html?ssPageName=&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2654

40 bucks plus shipping to Florida and it was back to me in about a week. Mine was the LN46A550P3FXZA and well worth the fix.

What is the TV doing. Mine had a blue screen but had sound. I don't remember where I got it, but shopjimmy sounds familiar. It was about 80 with shipping.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found the part at tristatemodule.com for $42. I cant get on Ebay at work to look around there.
The Tv color is messed up, all the reds and blues are taking over. I tried different settings and later when I get home I'm gonna try a firmware update I was reading about.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the TV doing. Mine had a blue screen but had sound. I don't remember where I got it, but shopjimmy sounds familiar. It was about 80 with shipping.

Mine would show a blue screen fine but trying to tune a channel it would flicker on and off then just nothing.

When it would show a picture it would be really messed up. A lot like this one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom