TW editorial 1/29: Gun control debate heats up as proposals roll out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
President Barack Obama's administration and leaders of Congress, as they promised, have put forth some ambitious and controversial gun-control measures that include background checks for all gun sales and bans on so-called military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

In what is perhaps the biggest understatement of his tenure so far, the president acknowledged when he proposed such measures that "this will be difficult."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/article.aspx?subjectid=61&articleid=20130129_61_A13_Presid542829

More of the usual pap with words like "reasonable" and "common sense" as descriptors. I'll give them partial credit for proper language/terms but they fail on every other point.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love how the article says how there is strong evidence that Americans are favoring UBC and common sense regulations. It also said that the AWB has strong support from Americans. Are you kidding me?? What Americans did they ask that to? I bet you money it was from the most liberal states in the nation and not one conservative was polled. I am never surprised by the lack of truth that is involved in the media. It is just sickening. No wonder so many people are misinformed.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that the bothered to ask any Americans. Normal bullsh%t. Just trying to make everyone believe the majority is on their side. In other words They LIE!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uhm guys. Thats Tulsa. WOuld you seriously expect something differnt from that liberal neck of the woods.

I lived and worked in the OKC metro from 1981-2007, taking a new job in Tulsa in 2007 with a physical move in 2009. There's probably equal ratios of "liberals" at both ends of the turnpike, IMO. It's just that the two newspapers have a different take on politics over the years but even that's shifting with the Gaylord sale of OPUBCO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom