U.S. ambassador to Libya, and 3 others killed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why give any support or aid to any country that allows hate towards the country that is supplying them aid and support? I'm so tired of hearing about the drama in the Middle East, we have enough problems to deal with here at home. I say pull out completely, stop all aid, military support, and let them kill each other. To be honest it shouldn't be our problem or concern until they make threats here on US soil. Isn't the UN the one that is supposed to be keeping the peace not the US?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Westerner" is a recent development, Muslims have been invading for centuries all the way back to the persian empire. I do believe they focus on americans due to our politics, but their quest to convert is not something new.

Yes, their quest to convert isn't anything new. But I've read little about their hate for the U.S. prior to WWII - and hell yes, they had plenty of media then. Obviously not to the extent we have now, but it was about as contrived. Our meddling in their business since we decided after the war that we would try and run world affairs is the primary reason we have problems with them; had we left them the hell alone to live in the stone age as they seemed to be comfortable, then they would be a non-factor. Well, except for probably that pesky oil they live over. We've installed leaders, helped build nations while deposing the former residents, supported one while they slaughtered the other, started organizations that ended up turning on us, and God only knows what else that we aren't told about. They don't hate us for our freedom, and while they are popularly thought to want to "kill or convert us all", I'd bet that had the U.S. not gotten their dirty mits all up in their business for the past 60 years, they'd likely just dislike us from a distance, while they warred amonst tribes, like they've done for centuries.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So as a counter point... here are some photos you most likely won't see on CNN or Fox.

Yes, there are some differences between Christians and Muslims, the Middle-East and the West, ect. Regardless about how you feel about our policies there, it's important to not demonize all Muslims, as hard as it is. It would be no different than any other group demonizing all christians as Westboro Baptist crazies.

i.imgur.com_laHT5.jpg

i.imgur.com_1VNsT.jpg

i.imgur.com_VRBbf.jpg

i.imgur.com_E0XBw.jpg

i.imgur.com_Q50oC.jpg

i.imgur.com_r4eSy.jpg

i.imgur.com_LvxQ5.jpg

i.imgur.com_UOF4r.jpg

i.imgur.com_RA0bJ.jpg

i.imgur.com_TQlHH.jpg

You can view more at http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow those are some touching photos, seriously. I hope they are sincere and arent calling us sorry people. And if they are sincere I for one feel like a sorry person.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought embassies typically had Marines as guards? The news said this embassy had Libyan guards.

Mitch, I didn't look through all the pages of this thread to see if your question was answered...but in short, this was a Consulate and not all Consulates have a contingent of Marine Security Guards (MSG).

An important point, for the Libya incident AND the Egypt incident, to everyone complaining about the Marines not stacking the bodies on the wall, is that even if a facility has a contingent of MSGs....the MSG's primary mission is the internal security of the facility. The force is not large and only in extreme circumstances would the MSGs use kinetic force on the exterior grounds.

They will not be ordered to open fire on a crowd of punks climbing an exterior wall and burning a flag. This policy pre-dates the Obama admin and has been SOP for a long long time. In the case of the Libya incident, from what I've seen the attacking force was large. A half a dozen Marines might have changed the equation, but it still would've been ugly. I'm sure this target was picked precisely because it didn't have a large American security presence.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom