Ugg, bullet pulling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FF898C33-7545-4470-A0A6-628679B0A7E7.jpeg

851139C5-01C5-416B-8D37-DA419DFA481B.jpeg

my least favorite activity!!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks with the hammer. Get one of the Hornady collet pullers for a job that size.
$3.99 long needle nose pliers from Harbor Freight. Drill the appropriate size hole using a drill press. Use the shell holder in a single stage press. You’d be surprised how easy it comes out when you pull the ram down.
C881854E-CEAC-488F-82E7-D53A70494CD8.jpeg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks with the hammer. Get one of the Hornady collet pullers for a job that size.
$3.99 long needle nose pliers from Harbor Freight. Drill the appropriate size hole using a drill press. Use the shell holder in a single stage press. You’d be surprised how easy it comes out when you pull the ram down.
View attachment 159273
Can you show a photo of that? I am not seeing it in my head. Are you just twising them out with the pliers? Or leveraging them somehow on something?

@chazroh you gotta get a hornady collet puller man. I have one just don't have any collets that big. I almost ordered some from BPS a couple weeks ago with a gift cert I had. I seen @Cowcatcher use the hammer once. I decided right then. I got have me a collet puller.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious, why are you having to pull them?
I bought these from an estate sale with a bunch of loading stuff. I’ve shot probably 6-700 of them. They are very inconsistent, some are light charged, some really heavy. And finally I had my third squib. Now I’m just gonna pull them all.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you show a photo of that? I am not seeing it in my head. Are you just twising them out with the pliers? Or leveraging them somehow on something?

@chazroh you gotta get a hornady collet puller man. I have one just don't have any collets that big. I almost ordered some from BPS a couple weeks ago with a gift cert I had. I seen @Cowcatcher use the hammer once. I decided right then. I got have me a collet puller.
I’ll have to look into the collet puller. Never pulled this many at a time so it’s usually not a problem.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 159273

You just reminded me of why I need to go to Enid's new Harbor Freight!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Neckbeard - no twisting. You drill the hole in the pliers so it is a snug fit for the bullets you are pulling. You use your reloading press with no die installed. Lay the pliers across the top of the press, slide your loaded round into the shell holder and raise the ram until the bullet protrudes above the top of the press. Grab the bullet as near to the brass as possible, squeeze it good and tight, and lower the ram. Voila. Bullet pulled. Nice, even pressure and it comes right out without losing any powder. Works quite nicely. You just need a set of pliers drilled for the proper diameter of each bullet you're going to pull. If that doesn't make sense, I'll see if I can get you a pic later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom