Ugg, bullet pulling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well,Robert,I’m a sucky reloader. Nuff said. Sometimes I’ll get a accuracy load together and think I’m done but change my mind and take it a little further. I’ve also bought Ammo from estate sales or garage sales for the components and break them down
Understood. I certainly break apart my reloads with a mistake, loads I don't like, or ammo I find laying around the range. I thought you guys might be mostly breaking apart loads found in estate sales, garage sales, inherited, etc. as you mentioned. Buy the way Darren, I've still got your 4198 and $1 in change. No rush on it, it's stored in the house, in my closet. Just didn't want you to forget about it.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Understood. I certainly break apart my reloads with a mistake, loads I don't like, or ammo I find laying around the range. I thought you guys might be mostly breaking apart loads found in estate sales, garage sales, inherited, etc. as you mentioned. Buy the way Darren, I've still got your 4198 and $1 in change. No rush on it, it's stored in the house, in my closet. Just didn't want you to forget about it.
Oh yeah, thanks again for picking that up. I’m in no rush but we’ll get together sometime

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pull a bunch from dropped rounds I find at the range. Not knowing if factory or reloads I do not take a chance and just pull them. I have done so many the hammer does not bother me anymore and I have gone thru a few of them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ammo I find lying around the range.
I've got about 50 lbs of discarded ammo I find at the range. Everything from rimfire to .300 win mag. Lots of .223 with nothing more than a slight dimple on the primer. I'm guessing the folks that dump them in the live ammo container don't understand the free floating firing pin of an AR platform leaves a slight dimple on the next round.

OKBPS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Followed Dlbleaks idea but drilled it for two different calibers. I don't have a single stage press but I have used it several times and it works great. Its cheap to build just make sure you round off the edges after you drill it so you don't damage the bullet.

IMG_7213.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom