Ukrainian sniper ‘takes out Russian from 1.7 miles(2,710 meters - 8,891ft) in world’s second longest combat kill’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Un huh. So, he’s zeroed at 2700 meters? Because I didn’t see much hold over or mil ranging there.
I'm guessing that was footage from a IR camera equipped spotter, but I am not sure. Either way, the footage is inconclusive and questionable at best. I am agreeing with @TinkerTanker on this one.

I figured something like this would happen eventually. If you had a comfy patio to sit on 3-6 stories up, with a big bad piece of hardware and ammo given to you for free, and told to fight for your country, wouldn't you sit up there and take long distance pot shots at the bad guys all day too? Eventually a dog is gonna find that bone. its just a matter of time.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing that was footage from a IR camera equipped spotter, but I am not sure. Either way, the footage is inconclusive and questionable at best. I am agreeing with @TinkerTanker on this one.

I figured something like this would happen eventually. If you had a comfy patio to sit on 3-6 stories up, with a big bad piece of hardware and ammo given to you for free, and told to fight for your country, wouldn't you sit up there and take long distance pot shots at the bad guys all day too? Eventually a dog is gonna find that bone. its just a matter of time.
It had to be from a spotting scope. Not a bit of recoil in the video. Even the hot image looked too big for that distance. Something just isn’t adding up.

I want to know what software he was using to make the shot and ammo manufacture. If it’s Russian I wouldn’t trust it for that distance.

I call total BS on this story. Shots like that are usually called in by the spotter after numerous shots. I don’t see that happening through a thermal with a forest background.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
It had to be from a spotting scope. Not a bit of recoil in the video. Even the hot image looked too big for that distance. Something just isn’t adding up.

I want to know what software he was using to make the shot and ammo manufacture. If it’s Russian I wouldn’t trust it for that distance.

I call total BS on this story. Shots like that are usually called in by the spotter after numerous shots. I don’t see that happening through a thermal with a forest background.
My understanding is that he used a snipex rifle, which is a Ukrainian made 14.something millimeter anti materiel rifle. I’m willing to bet they just set up with a couple hundred rounds and a camera while taking potshots at some Russian position, and eventually they hit someone.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y’all some skeptical folks. A skilled sniper can hit a mile with a barret let alone this beast. They do have ballistic calculators (hell I got one), bors, kestrel and so on. The thing ia bigger than a 50 but not as big as a 20mm, so plenty of power to do it. 47” barrel and so on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom