Un****ing believable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a psychology researcher on the radio today:

If one reads a narrative story that is presented as truth it gets emotionally imprinted in the brain as if "you were there"; and if the subject is presented with the facts contradictory to the story, most of the time facts are either completely ignored or causes the subject to irrationally dislike the deliverer of the facts.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a psychology researcher on the radio today:

If one reads a narrative story that is presented as truth it gets emotionally imprinted in the brain as if "you were there"; and if the subject is presented with the facts contradictory to the story, most of the time facts are either completely ignored or causes the subject to irrationally dislike the deliverer of the facts.

Yep. This is seen every day in the tripe the media spews forth. It's the "it was on TV so it has to be true" syndrome.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you're doing the exact same thing, for JV. The jury decision was not unanimous, so obviously there was some level of doubt. One is dead, the other isn't. I have no idea whether it was a lie or not, so I choose to believe neither one of them.

No I'm not. Every website or weapons group page I go to they are slamming Ventura and praising Kyle. I could care less, I'm not posting tons of praise Ventura crap. Just sick of every where i look dissing Ventura and apparently how wrong the jury got it.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love how everyone is all like "trust the jury" in other case such as Zimmerman trial and now are like "jury is stupid."

Geeze I'm sick of hearing all the cris Kyle kok sucking. Jesse gave him opportunities to drop it and he refused and he lost. Jesse DID NOT sue kyles widow, suit was filed previous to his death and then took on by the estate. And lastly the publisher will pay the money, so y'all are giving money to someone who was not out any money when Jesse spent tons of money contesting a lie, and now everyone is pissed at Jesse for some reason cause he was right and Kyle was proven a liar.

Kyle wasn't proven a liar. A jury was mostly convinced that he defamed Ventura. Not the same thing, and hardly enough "proof" that i would be comfortable staking out a position based on that alone.
I wasnt there and I dont know what happened. I do know that a story about getting knocked the **** out; true or not, is about the least of JV's "issues". It is laughable to think the story harmed JV's reputation.
I dont know what your threshold is for determining a "Kyle kok sucker", so i invite you to define it for us. Regardless, i think it was a crass and unnecessary statement. How much so kind of depends on who you were talking about and what they said which caused you so much grief.

Personally, i think JV is a narcissistic prick, and a tool of the first order. From what i have learned about Kyle, I believe him to be an exceptional warrior, a man of his word and someone who should be respected.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Threshold is someone who makes repeated posts/shares etc on Facebook or forum with false Jesse Ventura memes or memes promoting Kyle to god like status.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know what your threshold is for determining a "Kyle kok sucker", so i invite you to define it for us. Regardless, i think it was a crass and unnecessary statement. How much so kind of depends on who you were talking about and what they said which caused you so much grief.

Threshold is someone who makes repeated posts/shares etc on Facebook or forum with false Jesse Ventura memes or memes promoting Kyle to god like status.

So Marcus Luttrell's posts on facebook would qualify?

Alrighty then.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every meme lutrell posted was false. They all refer to Jesse suing a widow or waiting until Kyle died and then suing the widow and that couldn't be further from the truth, but you go ahead and get caught up in the excitement and fall right in line. I don't go for one liners or cute memes that have no truth to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom