Uncle Ted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since when does criticizing a jewish person morph into criticism of the Jewish race? I'm not buying it. If one doesn't like Ted Nugent that's fine, but let's keep the ill feelings honest and not smear him huh? Also could go for anyone else too.

And for the record anti-semitism isn't just about Jews and Israel either.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the point of seperating 12 people, based on religion, and pointing out that they are Jewish and hate guns. That's vastly different than criticizing an anti gunner who happens to be Jewish.

How many of the prominent anti gunners I listed are Christians? And who gives a damn. The point is that they are anti gun, so highlighting their Christianity does nothing but provide a distraction.

I like Ted, as a musician and a hunter. As a politician/activist he's a knuckle dragger...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think he's probably just pointing out the Jewish political persuasion in this country is generally anti-gun. They (and their donors) are generally well to do and connected well. That's his beef I suspect.

I'm just wondering how long it's going to be before Trump is called anti-semitic for his "muslim position". But it may not happen because I'm pretty sure liberals are too stupid to know that most mid-eastern countries' populous are semitic.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he's probably just pointing out the Jewish political persuasion in this country is generally anti-gun. They (and their donors) are generally well to do and connected well. That's his beef I suspect.
Wealthy bankers running the world?
I'm just wondering how long it's going to be before Trump is called anti-semitic for his "muslim position". But it may not happen because I'm pretty sure liberals are too stupid to know that most mid-eastern countries' populous are semitic.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
National Review opinion piece:

It’s Time for the NRA to Cut Ted... By Charles C. W. Cooke

Ted Nugent should resign from the board of the National Rifle Association. And if he does not, he should be pushed from his position.

This week, in the course of “defending” the right to keep and bear arms, Nugent enthusiastically shared a choice piece of anti-Semitic propaganda. Then, shamefully, he refused to acknowledge or to address his mistake. If Nugent wants to behave like a fool, that is, of course, his prerogative. But he must do so in quarantine, a long, long way from the rest of us. This is not an enjoyable or typical thing for me to write. As a rule, I like hyperbole. As a rule, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with harsh, indignant defenses of fundamental rights. And, as a rule, I like eccentrics and wish dearly that our culture gave them a little more latitude to be themselves. But there is nothing hyperbolic or eccentric about Nugent’s post, and nor does it channel his righteous indignation in support of a righteous cause. Contrary to some of the protestations I have seen, this is in no way a question of “political correctness” or of effete “elite sensibilities”; it is anti-Semitism, plain as day. To anybody with eyes, his message was as clear as it was indefensible: Disloyal, money-grabbing, Israel-preferring Jews are “really behind” the gun-control movement, and they should be cast out of American society in consequence. Consider the criticisms that are leveled in Nugent’s graphic. Do they have more to do with their targets’ attitude toward firearms or with their targets’ Judaism?

Michael Bloomberg, you will observe, is “outed” not as an implacable enemy of the Second Amendment (which he is), but as a “9/11 Israel agent” and “Jew York City mayor.” Rahm Emanuel is hit not for his disgraceful behavior as mayor of Chicago, but for having “served in Israel’s army during Gulf War.” Alan Dershowitz, who remains admirably honest about the meaning of the Second Amendment even as he opposes it, is attacked not for his support of stricter regulations but as an “ISRAEL FIRSTER.” And Frank Lautenberg, who never saw a gun-control bill that he disliked, is slammed for having given “Russian Jew immigrants your tax money.” It is no accident that all of those depicted have Israeli flags next to their photographs: These people, the image implies, are little more than corrupt agents of a foreign state.

in and of itself, Nugent’s outburst would have been ugly as hell. But since he is associated with the NRA, it serves as no less than a disastrous repudiation of the necessary case he’s been tasked with making. In the semi-illiterate Facebook note that accompanied the image, Nugent contended correctly that all people have a “basic human right to self defense” irrespective of their race, sex, religion, or circumstances, and that the Second Amendment is the auxiliary mechanism that makes that human right feasible. How, one wonders, does he intend to reconcile this universalist claim with the proposition that one particular racial or religious group is behind a plot to undermine it? As far as I can see, he cannot — at least not without suggesting that the members of that group are inhuman. Moreover, he cannot simultaneously advance the case that the right to keep and bear arms applies to the individual and propose that, in fighting for that right, we should make sweeping generalizations about particular groups. It just won’t work. There is always a line somewhere, and Nugent has unapologetically leaped across it. Which brings us to the National Rifle Association. Up until now, the NRA could be forgiven for having tolerated Nugent’s excesses. He is, after all, a rock star rather than a politician, and his passion for the Second Amendment has been admirable. It takes all sorts to make a movement — those who can offer the visceral case are just as important as those who can crunch the numbers and parse the laws. But there is always a line somewhere, and Nugent has unapologetically leaped across it. Moreover, unlike Phil Robertson, the Benham Brothers, and Brendan Eich, he has done so in a way that has a direct impact upon his professional relationships.

As Bob Owens notes over at Bearing Arms, “some of our most vocal and successful gun rights advocates, such as Alan Gottlieb at the Second Amendment Foundation, are Jewish, as are a significant number of gun writers, editors, and photographers.” How will it look to them if the movement’s most effective and most powerful organization is seen to indulge anti-Semitism within its ranks? And how will it look to the increasingly diverse array of American gun owners, many of whom will be crucial to the fight going forward? The answer, I’d venture, is “pretty bloody terrible.” The NRA shouldn’t wait around to find out.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...ti-semitism-disgraces-gun-rights-movement-nra

Latest posts

Top Bottom