Under 21 Handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a firm believer that the only people that can use the "old enough to go to war, but not old enough to _______" are those people willing to do just that. If an 18 year old joins the service, he or she should be granted by the federal and state government to bypass such "under 21" laws that would normally restrict them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the military do this in the past when it came to drinking on base?

After BASIC, most 18 year olds have more training with firearms that the average 21+ home protection or even CCW user. Yes, most of that is with a rifle, a .50 cal, a M19, M203, or a M249 (M9's are not used to qualify in most MOS's).

When I was in you could go to the E-Club and have a beer at 18, but that was a looong time ago. These days the military is just as pansy-assed PC as the rest of the country. Seems our military leaders need to remember their mission and authority, and tell all the whiny crybaby citizens and their bully-boy politicians to have a nice hot cup of STFU. :pissed:

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hen I was in you could go to the E-Club and have a beer at 18, but that was a looong time ago. These days the military is just as pansy-assed PC as the rest of the country. Seems our military leaders need to remember their mission and authority, and tell all the whiny crybaby citizens and their bully-boy politicians to have a nice hot cup of STFU.

So, tell us what you REALLY think! I remember those days as well, you could drink on post at the club but not off post.

specialop24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree in the highest with the possession of firearms. Why is it that we can be trusted to protect the country in places thousands and thousands of miles away at the age of 18, but we can't buy and simple handgun. This is one of the things that SERIOUSLY pisses me off. I fought for this country from the age of 18 to 21, and couldn't buy my pistols at first either. But I could have one issued to me to kill people in a war.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're an adult at 18 which means you're 100% responsible for your own actions now. Why do you have to be 21 to do anything again?

The only thing that I can do that a person 18-20 can't do is buy a pistol from an FFL. I'm not sure on the legalities of buying ammo, but I never had a problem getting my mom to take my money and get boolets. A lot of the ammo at Walmart will ask if it is for a handgun (WWB 9mm used to do this haven't bought it in a while). If it does just say no. Now you have to be 18 to buy it. Stupid laws are stupid.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in you could go to the E-Club and have a beer at 18, but that was a looong time ago. These days the military is just as pansy-assed PC as the rest of the country. Seems our military leaders need to remember their mission and authority, and tell all the whiny crybaby citizens and their bully-boy politicians to have a nice hot cup of STFU. :pissed:

Amen!

:thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom