University of Colorado Segregates Students Based on Carry Permits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... I am confident that the one full of guns will have a much lower crime rate even though they walk a further distance to their dorm. Numbers don't lie. By segregating, there will be no denying where the safer place to live is.
While the segregation will probably prove your point very well.
I think it is a bad idea to segregate students at all. It sets a BAD precedent that those who have guns can be forced to live in a seperate(but equal) area. We got rid of segregation based on race a long time ago. Don't Go Back, to segregation for any reason.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So segregation based on Constitutional rights? What's next, segregation based on skin color? Oh, wait...

I guess I think these are different things. To compare it to racial segregation is absurd. I choose to carry a firearm but didn't choose to have the complexion of chalk. Guess we shouldn't segregate freshman dorms, or for that matter, middle school and high school, heck, how do we determine who is in what class, let's just have one big class to cover everything so we don't segregate on other choices such as career path.

I know that's way overboard but so is linking it to racial segregation. Carrying a firearm may be a right but it's also a choice.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's an absurd comparison insofar as one is voluntary and the other not. However, there is another theory that says people should not be treated differently or denied services, accommodations, or legal privileges merely because they choose to exercise their rights. The courts would set land speed records in shutting down a program denying access to welfare funds for people who speak in favor of Democrats, as it would run afoul of the First Amendment. Since separate-but-equal has already been shown to be unequal, it would seem that this program denies equal protection to people who choose to exercise their Second Amendment rights.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I think these are different things. To compare it to racial segregation is absurd. I choose to carry a firearm but didn't choose to have the complexion of chalk.
I know that's way overboard but so is linking it to racial segregation. Carrying a firearm may be a right but it's also a choice.

Ok, I see your point, we don't have to practice our rights, but people can't choose race. How about comparing it to religion? What if UC segregated the dorms based on religion. Since people choose to practice religion, they couldn't complain about the segregated dorms, right? If they don't want to be discriminated against, they just don't practice religion. Seems fair. What do you think? Not trolling, just discussing.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personal responsibility and self reliance isn't a choice. I was born this way.

Spin it however you want but it's still a choice. Just because you and I "CHOOSE" to accept that responsibility and "CHOOSE" use a firearm as the tool to do so, doesn't remove owning a firearm from being a "CHOICE". I now own several firearms and carry everyday everywhere. However, for the first 30 years of my life I didn't and nobody forced me to own or carry a gun. I CHOSE to. It is a CHOICE.

Latest posts

Top Bottom