Colt 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was in the local pawn shop yesterday and was gazing at the firearms.
They had some priced pretty high, Glock gen3 with front of slide pretty worn for
$549. So my question is, they had a Colt 1911 A2 priced at $249. Is that a crazy
Price? Do I need to go back first thing monday? I am not A Colt expert so not sure.
am I missing something, I didn't get it out look at it.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what a 1911 A2 is...I've never heard of Colt making a model called an A2. Some companies make an A2 but they're usually double stack versions.

At that price are you sure it's not the Walther .22 copy of the Colt? It'll have Colt markings but it's made by Walther/Umarex. If it's really a Colt 1911, buy it.

EDIT: I see SPDguns was thinking the same thing I was and beat me to the punch...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This video shows an A2 double stack vs an A1 single stack

Then there is this

What is 1911 A2?

Profile photo for Jim Policke
Jim Policke

Modern and black powder shooter and reloader for 40 yearsUpdated Jan 23
The A2 was a project to enhance the M1911A1 for Special Operations use by the AMU. (Army Marksmanship Unit). Variants were tested by certain units but the results were never released for public consumption and the project shelved. Seven variants were created with various sights, internal and external extractors, flat and arched mainspring housings, integral and add-on magazine wells, a variety of finishes and other options, with the idea of providing the end-user a selection from which to select the features that best fit their missions. (Basically, every bell and whistle available in the Wilson Combat catalog.) So, there is no such thing as an official US M1911A2, and various gun makers are free to throw the term around as they see fit. What it actually means depends on whose product you’re looking at.

Latest posts

Top Bottom