Unusual Marlin 60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another pawn shop find (*Cough* Sooner State Pawn *Cough*).

This is unusual in that it is stamped Marlin Model 60 on the barrel.
However - what you see here is the Marlin GA-22 Limited Edition Westpoint, .22 Caliber Semi-Auto Rifle, Great American Game Series. All references to these indicate the barrel should be stamped as such.

Click for larger image.
example.jpg

These one was built on the Glenfield 75c layout (18" barrel / 14rd mag tube) but standard style Marlin stock.
The real kickers are this one is a laminated stock and had the last round hold open feature. (first year of LRHO for Marlin)

Now this is the 1983 edition as it has the Squirrel medallion. (Each year was a different animal). Also, this one has a fairly low serial #. The serials for all of this series start with GA and do not follow the traditional Marlin numbering scheme.
I suspect that being first year, and a low # this one was made before the barrel stamp was changed over.

It seems these were built to be a premium store brand edition with all of the best Marlin had to offer.

Now for the eye candy:

20180111_210813.jpg

20180111_210804.jpg

20180111_210752.jpg

Last edited:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a couple more pictures.

First is the barrel stamp. It is a standard Model 60 stamp. No sign of the special edition marking as found on most of these rifles.

Second shows that it is a laminated stock. And a very fine laminate at that. I counted 17 layers at its widest point.

20180116_225105.jpg
20180116_173835.jpg

Eddie Torres

New to the site!
Reaction score
Another pawn shop find (*Cough* Sooner State Pawn *Cough*).

This is unusual in that it is stamped Marlin Model 60 on the barrel.
However - what you see here is the Marlin GA-22 Limited Edition Westpoint, .22 Caliber Semi-Auto Rifle, Great American Game Series. All references to these indicate the barrel should be stamped as such.

Click for larger image.
View attachment 112483

These one was built on the Glenfield 75c layout (18" barrel / 14rd mag tube) but standard style Marlin stock.
The real kickers are this one is a laminated stock and had the last round hold open feature. (first year of LRHO for Marlin)

Now this is the 1983 edition as it has the Squirrel medallion. (Each year was a different animal). Also, this one has a fairly low serial #. The serials for all of this series start with GA and do not follow the traditional Marlin numbering scheme.
I suspect that being first year, and a low # this one was made before the barrel stamp was changed over.

It seems these were built to be a premium store brand edition with all of the best Marlin had to offer.

Now for the eye candy:

View attachment 112480
View attachment 112481
View attachment 112487
I have one of these rifles as well, s/n below 50. It has a original stock (non laminated standard Marlin stock). Never really considered selling it but I've got a more .22's than I want to hold onto and I favor my Ruger. So here I am wondering how much this thing is worth. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Top Bottom