Update on BC AR upper Grendel 6.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put the Bear Creek (complete) AR upper on my Colt 6920 and it was a perfect fit. No rattle and man this looks good. Did a complete cleaning (sent VERY wet) and got to really look closely at the milling and quality. It's all top shelf. Smooth bolt and racked/ejected a few rounds and it works great. Now just need to shoot. Ha
Put a good optic and leveled and set Had to get some new AR rings but that's ok. The scope is 6-18x50 and I used it on my Creedmoor 6.5 prior to upgrading the magnification on the Creedmoor. Good glass and I'll be very happy keeping it on the Grendel.
Can't wait to zero and put some rounds down range
Gren 1.JPG
Gren 2.JPG
Gren 3.JPG
Gren 4.JPG

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good! Lemme know how it shoots. I have most of the parts coming for my 12" Grendel pistol build coming; that caliber is very addictive.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me know when you’re tired of it and ready to give it away. “I’ll take it” dibs.

Nor, just got into 6.5g last month with a 12” pistol. Ready to shoot it and site it in.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First rounds though the Grendel. I'm an idiot to think I could put it on paper at 100 without doing the sighting drill. Figured (wrongly) that the windage would be ok and could walk the dog up and down to get on paper (Wrong again). Oh well. I just wanted to shoot the darn thing and it ran perfect.
Ran a string to see if it would jam or fail and no. Purred like a kitten. Love that barrel and mloc. Perfect fit to the Colt 6920 lower. Used a Pmag and no problems feeding or ejection (love the direction/arc of the ejection).
Fluted heavy barrel did not heat up and I like that. Going to pick up a better, one piece, AR rings tomorrow. High to accommodate the flat top.
Grendel first shots.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love my LaRue UU 6.5G. It consistently shoots half MOA with ELD-M.
I've ordered a Forster single stage press that will be used exclusively for the creedmoor and Grendel. I am shooting only Hornady through it until I get a hefty supply of brass (I've got a ton of once fired creedmoor) and then I'll work up the right loads for both. Until then, I'll be learning the reloading process on Federal brass then, when I'm comfortable, go at load development in earnest.