Urban Rifle Course Sept 11-12th in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TDSA is hosting another Urban Rifle Level 1 course next weekend. Billy Smith is the best rifle instructor in the business so you'll be in the most capable hands possible. If you want to learn your rifle inside and out, how to operate it, manipulate it and drive it at lightning fast speeds then Billy is the man to teach you. If it's not the best class you've ever taken then you won't pay us a dime. That's always our guarantee. You will be satisfied or you don't have to worry about the tuition.

Dates: Sept. 11-12
Times: 0800-1800 both days
Round count: 1000
Equipment: Rifle (AR-15, AK47, AK74, MP5, 30 Carbine, full-autos welcome too, optics not necessary)
magazines (4 will work), sling, kneepads, eye and ear protection, sight tools for your iron sights and that's about it.

Hope you can make it.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I ran out to the range this evening to catch the last hour or so of the first day of the class. Looks like they had a close to full class, and there was a lot of brass on the ground.
I was impressed with the class' ability level after 9 hours of beating their gear and (to a lesser extent) their bodies up.

Billy is an absolute professional behind a carbine. I love seeing him put his thoughts to speech.

Almost wished I brought my AR.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mike, you should have said something.... because I had an extra in the car.

it was a awesome class... I find it funny that I has previously "qulified" with an AR-15 yet I barely knew how to anything else other than shoot it...

Know I know how to run one.... I can't thank Billy and Marshall enough for what they have done for my career.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was impressed with the class' ability level after 9 hours of beating their gear and (to a lesser extent) their bodies up.

Billy is an absolute professional behind a carbine. I love seeing him put his thoughts to speech.

Almost wished I brought my AR.

I don't think we were full, but probably close. Day 2 was awesome. I loved the drills incorporating movement, shooting position transitions, etc. The last one was especially fun. It's easy to drill center mass at 50 yds. under range conditions, but when your heart rate is 175 the fundamentals of marksmanship become twice as important.

When you got a big scary looking dude like Billy yelling at you, you will screw up. Unless you have developed the subconscious responses to emergency reloads, malfunction clearance, etc. through extensive training, stress is going to win. It was tremendously eye opening for me. I have a A LOT of practice to do before Urban Rifle II.

mike, you should have said something.... because I had an extra in the car.

Likewise!

My shorty franken-AR ran like a top both days without cleaning. I used a variety of magazines...Lancer, GI, PMags, TD Arc Mag, C-Products stainless, C-Products aluminum, & Fusil. I only had problems with the Arc Mag being picky about how it needed to be loaded.

The notion that people need a $2,000 Noveske or Colt 6920 is ridiculous. Reasonably priced commercial grade guns (DPMS, RRA, Bushmaster, etc.) will run and run and run if you do it right.

I'd have more faith in a DPMS that had proven itself in a weekend of hard use than a Colt with 100 rounds through it. :D Get out there, geardos.

I only have one problem with TDSA...I can't decide which class to take next! Marshall and his crew are tops.

Latest posts

Top Bottom