us made, accurate, 9mm compac?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget the Springfield EMP - I think they are made in the USA as well and they are really sweet.

I alos have become a fan of the 3rd Gen S&W's, but I like the DAO (Double Action Only) models, such as the 3953, which are not very popular. One thing about the TSW models though, they are only 25% pre-cocked rather than half cocked like the regular models so the TSW models have a heavier trigger pull. I prefer the regular models.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC the Beretta PX4 subcompact is made in Maryland at the same facility that makes the M9 for the military. If/when I get a compact semi-auto it will be either that or the xd subcompact.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is the Kahr P9 for every day carry. Light weight, thin, and excellent natural point and shoot accuracy. I normally practice 2 to 6 yards at the range with it. Capacity is 7 + 1.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
iv got a kel-tec but im not very happy with it not as accurate as i would like...

I traded my Kel-Tec P11 off for that very reason. Not terribly accurate, at least in my experience. Swapped it for a CZ82, which is not American, nor is it super compact, but it is really accurate.

-S

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With compact weapons, accuracy is normally a secondary consideration. The short sighting plane, combined with the normal circumstances under which such a weapon is likely to be used make "minute of man" a non issue with little 9mm guns that'll hide in your pants.

It might be better to focus on reliability, concealability, and capacity. About US made, if it's a patriotic decision, fine. If it's a quality issue, we don't have a lock on that. CB

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With compact weapons, accuracy is normally a secondary consideration. The short sighting plane, combined with the normal circumstances under which such a weapon is likely to be used make "minute of man" a non issue with little 9mm guns that'll hide in your pants.

I respectfully disagree; we're talking about compacts, not subcompacts here. I can shoot my M&P9 Compact nearly as well as my full sized M&P, definitely including medium range as well as slow fire shooting. One of these days I'm going to shoot an IPSC match with the compact and see how my score compares to the full size gun. I expect them to be close. I am sure a lot of Kahr "compact" owners -- the K9, P9, etc., frame -- could do just as well. Accuracy, sights and shootability are nearly as relevant with these guns as they are with full sized guns; and surely they are relevant for the latter.

It's not until the sight radius gets down around 4" (Kel-Tec P3AT, S&W 642, etc.) that the obstacles to high practical accuracy become severe. But again, those are subcompact guns, not the class of pistol under discussion here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom