USA made EDC??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crkt and benchmade are both made in Oregon.
Spyderco is Colorado.

CRKT has several of their knives made over seas. Spyderco makes some in their Golden, CO plant, but have some made in Seki City, Japan, some made in Taiwan (these are some of Spyderco's nicer knives btw), and their value line comes out of China.

Most Benchmades are made in the US, but they have a few lines that are made overseas. Kershaw has always made knives at several locations throughout the world.

Lome Wolf knives were all made in the US before Benchmade bought them. I don't know if that is still the case.

I won't personally buy a new Strider or Microtech based on some of the actions of the owners, but both companies make a couple of very nice knives in the US.

Last edited:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Internet knife maker drama?

Sort of. There are a lot of folks who get big-winded on either side of the argument for either maker, but I generally don't tell others not to buy from them, but a quick search on either "Mick Strider", or "Microtech ZT0777" yields enough information to understand what went down in both cases.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sort of. There are a lot of folks who get big-winded on either side of the argument for either maker, but I generally don't tell others not to buy from them, but a quick search on either "Mick Strider", or "Microtech ZT0777" yields enough information to understand what went down in both cases.

Yeah, I've seen the threads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom