USDA coyote eradication from helicopter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw yesterday they were going to shoot wild cattle again from helos down along the Rio Grande. Drought is so bad cattle are going through fences to get water and conservation groups are hollering their destroying habitat. Don't know if y'all have ever seen cattle that's truly wild but they are some mean dudes. Run you down and stomp you into a bloody mudhole.years ago ranches would have hunts down there .folks would show up with their elephant guns to knock those old bulls down. They said they are a threat to people (duh) so they must be tramping illegals and We know you can't have that. Ranchers wanted time to try to round them up but gov won't wait.
My uncle told me when I was a kid about shooting wild longhorn mix cattle down in the canebrakes of Texas. Said it was like hunting Cape Buff American style. I had never read anything about it and I read everything I could get my paws on. I thought he was full of it. Turns out I was.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw yesterday they were going to shoot wild cattle again from helos down along the Rio Grande. Drought is so bad cattle are going through fences to get water and conservation groups are hollering their destroying habitat. Don't know if y'all have ever seen cattle that's truly wild but they are some mean dudes. Run you down and stomp you into a bloody mudhole.years ago ranches would have hunts down there .folks would show up with their elephant guns to knock those old bulls down. They said they are a threat to people (duh) so they must be tramping illegals and We know you can't have that. Ranchers wanted time to try to round them up but gov won't wait.
Need to have a big roundup and turn them loose along the Rio Grande. Maybe import a few hippos and some African crocks as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend on the Texas/Mexico border. Nilgai are the big issue in that area and I've been on his lease just NW of Brownsville. They go through fences like they aren't there. Extremely thick skin that requires a big caliber rifle to take them down. No limit, no season. See one, kill one rule so the Tx fish and game guys go after them with rifles from helicopters.
Thats how cows get out and become wild.
We came in from a fishing trip in the Laguna Madre seeing one that had been gut shot standing in the canal. Called Tx fish and game and were told to let mother nature take it's course. All we had was my pocket .380 which would have only stung it.
Posted pics of it on the forum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom