Used shotgun hulls demand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know there is demand for brass but what about used hulls? Wondering as I have a lot and did not want to just drop them in metal recycling. Trying to come up with an alternate plan. Never reloaded shotgun but do have an older MEC in 12 gauge. May try it but still have lots of 20, 16, and410 Thoughts?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The 410 should still get a lot of interest. The 16 is almost a niche market but there are still plenty of reloaders for it. Depends on the brand of the 12.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smooth (such as AA) hulled have some limited demand. As in I can find people to give them to. I have not found any market to sell them.

Rippled hulled I can't even give away. The hulls expand a bit when fired and stick in the reloading press. Reloaders hate them.

So basically the answer is no. You will not be able to get money for used hulls.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked at a gun range for 30 years. Collected barrels of hulls weekly and couldn't give them away. So hauled thousands to the dumpster weekly.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need some, if they are plastic. Not paper hull.

I made my not-famous RedNeck Christmas Lights out of them, using a string of white led bulbs.

If you have Green, Blue, Red, and White (or translucent or clear) plastic hulls, I'm all in!!!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Winchester Triple X, 43.

thanks. I had posted them cheaper than that but had not had any inquiries. Which are crap?
12 gauge Remington Green. 2 3/4” and 3” some appear to have new primers. 139 each. $7 Unless Remington STS they aren't valued for reloaders.

12 gauge AA 1 1/8 oz Light. 186 each. $9
Reloaders will use, but with many competitive shooters not reloading, they are easy to come by for those who reload.

12 gauge Federal 2 3/4”. 228 each. $11
Any better description? Federal Gold Medal hulls are good for reloading. However, good hulls such as AA, STS and GM are pretty easy to come by after a trap or sporting clays shoot.

12 gauge Universal 7 1/2. 2 3/4”. 190 each. $9.
cheap hull. If you look at the crimp and compare to the quality hulls mentioned above you will see the difference.

20 gauge Universal 7 1/2. 71 each. $3
cheap hull. If you look at the crimp and compare to the quality hulls mentioned above you will see the difference.

20 gauge USA 7/8 number 8. 50 each. $3

20 gauge Winchester Super Speed. 623 each. $35

20 gauge Federal 7 1/2. 495 each. $35
Not enough info. Unless Gold Medal, not used by reloaders.

20 gauge Estate 7 1/2. 135 each. $7
pretty much same issue with these as the super speeds and universal. The 6 fold crimp is preferred over the 8 fold crimp for reloading. In the cheap hulls, the crimp doesn't close up well and shot falls out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom