V-22 Osprey at Wiley Post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone else happen to see the two V-22 Osprey take off from Wiley Post this evening? They were both full camo; olive drab and brown. I had my softball team practicing on the south side of the airport and we got to watch both make vertical takeoffs, rotate their wings forward and fly right over us. Not something you see every day in OKC.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone else happen to see the two V-22 Osprey take off grime Wiley Post this evening? They were both full camo, olive drab and brown. I had my softball team practicing on the south side of the airport and we got yo watch both make vertical takeoffs, rotate their wings forward and fly right over us. Not something you see every day in OKC.

Never have seen one of those. That would have been cool.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We saw them fairly often this summer on the beach in NC, flying in and out of Camp Lejeune. My marine buddy, said they leak hydraulic fluid from everywhere (he said they all do that) and are a scary ride!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They use the Weatherford Airport for touch and go practice. The airport is closed for work. They are installing boost walls (whatever they are called) for jets to use during take off.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have been out there and seen the B-17 take off many times. It is way louder than the Osprey. It takes off so low and slow that it looks like it is going to top the trees around our ball field. However the vertical takeoff and transition into forward flight of the Osprey was pretty captivating.

Needless to say, you can't do a lot of coaching when either of those planes are flying directly over head.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the HA-1112 (Spanish ME 109) still out there? I saw it once years ago but have not heard anything about it since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom