? Value of CMMG rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love that word... fit. I've always been curious what people check the fit of? Fit is pointless. Most brands, even the lower end, will be within "spec of fit". As was stated above what really matters are the things CAR listed.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah ok. People are just suckers and pay hundreds of dollars more for better anodizing huh?

QUOTE]

yeah as a matter of fact they do in a lot of cases! Sorry if that trips your trigger, but it is my opinion of a whole lot of the lower end ar's. mil-spec is mil-spec. if someone wants to $50 extra for a certain roll mark, go right ahead. But not in the too long past, Colts and bushmasters were the same price on the rack. just my opinion. Now don't get a mad and bring up really high end stuff, cause that is not what we are talkin about here. we are talking off the shelf laymans rifles.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't you know that?:slap:

Anodizing is what it is all about. Proper steel, MP testing, proof firing, shot peening of bolts, proper staking, quality control and everything else is just fluff.

Thank you and Josh for putting words in my mouth. Finish when it comes to home constructions refers to the exterior appearance, proper fit of parts, and all the things you mentioned. Guess this is a thorn in your sides. Having carried and used a colt for many years as a working tool. I can say there "finish" meaning, appearance, durability and how well it as a unit was put together and functioned was all part of finish. That and it was prettier. oh by the way, fit and finish does cover what the ar gurus put labels on. No need to complicate things with cool lingo. An ar is a tool, just like a hammer. You get what you pay for. A colt cost more because it is better made. a lower end roggio receiver is a hammer that might be in spec, but it is good enough if the price is right.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To the op... If it's a factory complete all CMMG rifle I think $650 is fair. Now if it's a bargain bin one he's jacked the price on then....

Josh-L, What does jacked the price mean? the bargin bins are $600 no dealer discounts. $20 freight and the dealer's hoping to make $30 bucks!

If thats jacking the price, You ought to go open a retail store and show us how you do it for less.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It means exactly what I said. If it's the same rifle marked up $50 then he jacked the price up. The op lists Joplin, MO as his location.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah ok. People are just suckers and pay hundreds of dollars more for better anodizing huh?

QUOTE]

yeah as a matter of fact they do in a lot of cases! Sorry if that trips your trigger, but it is my opinion of a whole lot of the lower end ar's. mil-spec is mil-spec. if someone wants to $50 extra for a certain roll mark, go right ahead. But not in the too long past, Colts and bushmasters were the same price on the rack. just my opinion. Now don't get a mad and bring up really high end stuff, cause that is not what we are talkin about here. we are talking off the shelf laymans rifles.

Thank you and Josh for putting words in my mouth. Finish when it comes to home constructions refers to the exterior appearance, proper fit of parts, and all the things you mentioned. Guess this is a thorn in your sides. Having carried and used a colt for many years as a working tool. I can say there "finish" meaning, appearance, durability and how well it as a unit was put together and functioned was all part of finish. That and it was prettier. oh by the way, fit and finish does cover what the ar gurus put labels on. No need to complicate things with cool lingo. An ar is a tool, just like a hammer. You get what you pay for. A colt cost more because it is better made. a lower end roggio receiver is a hammer that might be in spec, but it is good enough if the price is right.

Ok now I have no clue what you're talking about.

First you say the only difference is finish and by finish you don't mean actual finish, milspec is milspec, laymans rifles, $50 rollmarks and now you get what you pay for?

I'm confused.

BTW according to someone on this website CMMG is considered "high quality".

I don't know why milspec is ever even part of the argument. Milspec is a minimum requirement.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm equally confused.

The OP said it was used, too, and if it is a bargain bin rifle that would definitely be "jacking the price up."

And hey, CMMG ain't bad. :D I'll take one every day of the week over DPMS.

Beercules

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Milspec is a minimum requirement.

Sort of...

MIL-SPEC is simply a standard for a given product covered by that specification and the referenced drawing. A different product than that governed by the MIL-SPEC will obviously not meet the standard. An AR-15 of any flavor will never meet the MIL-SPEC for an M4A1; if it did it would be an M4A1. For at least some of the requirements, better or worse than MIL-SPEC is extremely subjective. The KAC SR-15 IWS E3 is not an M16/M4 series MIL-SPEC gun, but is commonly held to be a top tier weapon. KAC does not shot-peen or MPT the bolts as the MIL-SPEC for the M16/M4 series specifies. Should they? :D

ETA: If you don't have a problem with the CMMG bargain bin guns (I'm not saying you should or shouldn't), $650 doesn't sound too shabby considering the situation. You get to inspect the rifle before hand and don't have to pay shipping and transfer fee in addition to sales tax. $50 seems worth the trouble to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom