Victor Borge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OETA is showing another special about him tonight. I may die tonight simply from laughing with him. This man was a genius of musical comedy. I may have seen this show or others, and have DVD's of his performances, many times over the years, but I always laugh so much I cry thanks to him. Good night and good luck.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That brings back fond memories. I remember listening to him on records as a child back in the mid to late 50's. In particular I remember an album he did especially for children. I don't remember many details about it. But what I do remember is that it turned me on to music and comedy and i spent hours and hours listening to it over and over on the Telefunken system our family had at the time.

Sometimes its good to remember the good things. Thanks LW.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red and Victor were great. Now, hate to test the memories here, but did any of you remember watching Sid Caesar and the Show of Shows weekly on TV in the fifties? Ernie Kovacs? Steve Allen, which was early 60's if I am not wrong? My gosh his cast (Sid Caesar's that is) was great, Imogene Coca (sp), Carl Riener and Howard Morris and don't remember who else, but the writers were Mel Brooks, Woody Allen, and many others who went on to write and produce great comedy on TV and The Movies, Larry Gelpart of Mash was one.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ernie Kovacs! What a weird and strangely funny guy. I think he was an alien. I just got a Nairobi Trio flashback. Now I'll never be able to get that crazy tune out of my head.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
*sigh* I miss all the skit based shows of my childhood. Red Skelton, Jackie Gleason, Jonathan Winters, Carol Burnett.... They were so full of fun.

I remember laughing until my sides hurt when Victor Borge would do his "Punctuation" skit.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ernie Kovacs! What a weird and strangely funny guy. I think he was an alien. I just got a Nairobi Trio flashback. Now I'll never be able to get that crazy tune out of my head.

You are the first person in years to have said the Nairobi Trio! I have a DVD from the TV/Radio Museum in NYC whatever it is of all the Kovac's shows and in my younger years, that was my favorite thing of his shows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom