Video: Police arrest bystander filming them and shoot his dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
148. (a) (1) Every person who willfully resists, delays, or obstructs any public officer, peace officer, or an emergency medical technician, as defined in Division 2.5 (commencing with Section 1797) of the Health and Safety Code, in the discharge or attempt to discharge any duty of his or her office or employment, when no other punishment is prescribed, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed one year, or by both that fine and imprisonment.

Section 415(2), also a misdemeanor, prohibits the willful and malicious disturbance of another by loud and unreasonable noise, punishable by up to 90 days in jail, a fine of up to $400 or both.

Guy blasting loud music, ignoring orders, and yelling at cops while a 211 is in progress.......sounds like justification for at least detainment.

FTW...

Sorry his dog is dead and sorry he's had bad experiences with cops...maybe in the future he will do a better job of avoiding contact with law enforcement instead of inviting confrontational contact with them.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
FTW...

Sorry his dog is dead and sorry he's had bad experiences with cops...maybe in the future he will do a better job of avoiding contact with law enforcement instead of inviting confrontational contact with them.
but that is also suspicious behavior

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
News report said he had past history with the police there. He had filed a case on them. I guess he felt he was within his rights to disturb the peace and enter an area he had no business in (exisiting crime scene). His need to film and his whole demeanor (strutting back and forth around the police cars) got him arrested and the dog killed. Stupidity will get you everytime. We can arm chair this one but I couldn't hear what was being said. Police pass with flying colors here.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've always wondered if a police dog attacks me (unprovoked) am I allowed to shoot it?

Last edited by a moderator:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I see it, it all revolves around whether the arrest was lawful. Based on the video, it doesn't look like he was obstructing anybody (they charged him with obstructing an officer). It seems more like they didn't like him filming them. But of course we can't see what happened before the video starts, and can't hear if any comments were exchanged between the dog owner and the cops. Hard to tell exactly how loud the music was from a video, too. The dumbass comments from the peanut gallery in the background don't help either. It will be interesting to see what the jury says in the civil suit.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wondered if a police dog attacks me (unprovoked) am I allowed to shoot it?

Ahhhh ... but that dog was not unprovoked. That idiot had the dog by the jowls and shoved his face into the dogs face, snarling (smiling) all the time. In doggie language that's just BEGGING to be bit. The dog's handler was just as much at fault as the reporter. Idiot people ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom