Video: Police arrest bystander filming them and shoot his dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks to me like an idiot Thug intentionally provoking Police...he was filming HOPING something would happen.

Due to his actions, something did.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hugs coming your way, but I've never seen a dog that was bonded to its master not try to defend said master. Regardless, the Popo we're out of line for approaching this individual. Load music is hardly worth letting yourself get distracted while executing such critical operation as the cops claim that they were involved in. I'm betting hugs and smooches that these guys took offense to the camera more than they did the music.

I think you and I are defining "defend" differently (oh ... and here's a unabashedly slurpy kiss on the cheek for ya! NOT THAT CHEEK!! :D) The vast majority of untrained dogs will bark incessantly at a stranger in "defense" of their owner. When challenged though they will not (and should not for that matter) attack and bite someone challenging them. The problem is, especially with a big dog like a Rottie, the damage that can be done by said dog if you misread him is extensive. And again, for the record, I much prefer to deal with dogs (aggressive or not) than people. Dogs are much more honorable creatures than people ...

That said ... :kiss: :heart: :bighug: Just for you! :wink2:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You dont get the full account like in the OP, but you can hear a little better of the interaction at the end.(even though the suspect is already detained).

Last edited by a moderator:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is a blog devoted to telling the stories of dogs killed by police: http://dogmurders.wordpress.com/

Ahhhh ... but that dog was not unprovoked. That idiot had the dog by the jowls and shoved his face into the dogs face, snarling (smiling) all the time. In doggie language that's just BEGGING to be bit. The dog's handler was just as much at fault as the reporter. Idiot people ...

I guess unprovoked was a poor choice of words, unbidden is a little better.
Hypothetically, if the roles were reversed and an officer was petting my dog, making the same mistakes as the reporter, and my dog takes a bite out of the officer's face, the officer would be in his right to defend himself and put the dog down, probably leaving me with a felony).
If I were in the place of that reporter, and I put the police dog down (out of fear of further attack same as the officer) I'd get slapped with a felony.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess unprovoked was a poor choice of words, unbidden is a little better.
Hypothetically, if the roles were reversed and an officer was petting my dog, making the same mistakes as the reporter, and my dog takes a bite out of the officer's face, the officer would be in his right to defend himself and put the dog down, probably leaving me with a felony).
If I were in the place of that reporter, and I put the police dog down (out of fear of further attack same as the officer) I'd get slapped with a felony.

You would be shot down the second you went for your gun.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I find so troubling, is the fact that the police do not want people filming them, and in some jurisdictions have enacted specific laws to make filming them a crime, but they are installing security cameras all over this country to film citizens. There are "red light" cameras in almost every state, and NYC has just recently put up cameras in many locations, for the explicit purpose of filming the citizenry going about their daily business. Not to mention the dash cams in almost every LE vehicle these days.

Why the double standard?

I'm a former LEO, this is troubling to me. Very much so. There was never a time when I was doing my job that I would have felt threatened enough by someone with a video camera to have stopped what I was doing in order to confront the cameraman.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perp was looking for confrontation, and he got what he wanted. Dog was only doing it's job, and so were the cops.
if any one is to blame, it's the dog owner.

I've had to put down a dog during a drug raid, didn't like doing it, but didn't want my ass chewed off by a pit bull that was trained to attack.

Latest posts

Top Bottom