Vision is ever so important

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, today I was out sighting a new Bushnell (hating it) on my RAR 22LR and BSA Sweet 22 on my wife's Marlin 60. In the last year I have had to get Cataracts removed so I have basically new to me eyes. I have also crossed over 50 and am not as interested in carrying lots of unneeded stuff with me. I have also lost 100 pounds in the last 37 weeks, 25 more to go.

1) I was shooting 10, 25, 50 and 100 yards. Her Sweet 22 has adjustable parallax so all was good at all ranges. Bushnell clear at 50 yds, everywhere else was fuzzy. So, I have reached the age where I need adjustable parallax.

2) I have a 6.5 Creedmoor bolt action, .30-30 lever (still want to scout thins thing), a 22lr bolt action, a 10/22. The rifles are all Picatinny railed. Soon to get a 22WMR and 17HMR bolt, waiting for sales. These are all scoped and need updated.

3) Looking for what the shotguns will need. Turkey, duck, and clay birds are all I chase with them.

4) Have to worry about my budget to keep the wife happy. Thinking about used glass with transferable lifetime warranties. Sort of prefer new, but not proud.

So, thoughts, recommendations, suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, today I was out sighting a new Bushnell (hating it) on my RAR 22LR and BSA Sweet 22 on my wife's Marlin 60. In the last year I have had to get Cataracts removed so I have basically new to me eyes. I have also crossed over 50 and am not as interested in carrying lots of unneeded stuff with me. I have also lost 100 pounds in the last 37 weeks, 25 more to go.

1) I was shooting 10, 25, 50 and 100 yards. Her Sweet 22 has adjustable parallax so all was good at all ranges. Bushnell clear at 50 yds, everywhere else was fuzzy. So, I have reached the age where I need adjustable parallax.

2) I have a 6.5 Creedmoor bolt action, .30-30 lever (still want to scout thins thing), a 22lr bolt action, a 10/22. The rifles are all Picatinny railed. Soon to get a 22WMR and 17HMR bolt, waiting for sales. These are all scoped and need updated.

3) Looking for what the shotguns will need. Turkey, duck, and clay birds are all I chase with them.

4) Have to worry about my budget to keep the wife happy. Thinking about used glass with transferable lifetime warranties. Sort of prefer new, but not proud.

So, thoughts, recommendations, suggestions are appreciated.

I been trying to sight a .243 in for 2 weeks and I’m having a lot of problems with the target being fuzzy at 100 yards so I also am interested in a solution

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

First of all, congrats on the weight loss.
Have you tried adjusting the Ocular on your scope that is fuzzy? That is the first lens you look through. Most scopes have that adjustment. It’s actually for bringing the crosshairs into focus, but it can also create a fuzzy sight picture down range.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting the Ocular on your scope that is fuzzy? That is the first lens you look through. Most scopes have that adjustment. It’s actually for bringing the crosshairs into focus, but it can also create a fuzzy sight picture down range.
Yes, I could fuzzy up the crosshairs a long way but I could never reach clear either way.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can get the cross hairs clear but the target isn’t if I get the target clear the cross hairs are not I just need to buy a good scope and quit messing with junk

Latest posts

Top Bottom