Vlad cuts off electricity to Finland!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
But seriously, pick one:
1652927363262.png

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vlad came out and said it was no big deal if Finland and Sweden joined NATO, as long as they didn't build up bigger military presence and put nukes there. Seems turning off the power was about all he is wanting to do so it looks like it won't be burned to the ground

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vlad came out and said it was no big deal if Finland and Sweden joined NATO, as long as they didn't build up bigger military presence and put nukes there. Seems turning off the power was about all he is wanting to do so it looks like it won't be burned to the ground
I read that Turkey is blocking them joining, not sure how that works.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
NATO members kick Turkey out and it goes firmly onto Russia's side.
They aren't kicking Turkey out of NATO - Dardanelles, direct access to the middle east, direct access to south Asia, Incirlik - the Air Force's primary Tax-free non-combat destination. They aren't going anywhere and Finland's not going to be in NATO either. Sweden might squeak by; I could see that happening.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Turkey is mainly blocking Sweden, and not so much Finland. Sweden has offered asylum to the Kurdistan workers party, which is considered a terrorist organization by Turkey, and by the U.S. as well. It appears that Turkey doesn't like any Kurd in their NATO whey. If Sweden drops asylum, Turkey has indicated that they will accept the entrance. Since NATO is considering the application as a joint application, it stalls both Sweden and Finland, unless Sweden makes a concession on this, so I really don't see Sweden as getting in, but not Finland.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They aren't kicking Turkey out of NATO - Dardanelles, direct access to the middle east, direct access to south Asia, Incirlik - the Air Force's primary Tax-free non-combat destination. They aren't going anywhere and Finland's not going to be in NATO either. Sweden might squeak by; I could see that happening.
I also doubt they would kick Turkey out, I just presented it as a either/or situation. I'm guessing Erdogan will name his price and it will be paid or things will stand as they are. After all besides the reasons you mentioned there are a certain couple of groups with a lot of clout here that might well have a very "strong" reaction to what they might see as the U.S. doing anything to push Turkey towards Russia/Iran, they might see it as a "prophetic sign" given what's going on in Syria.

Latest posts

Top Bottom