Walther p22 needs a gun doctor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone in Moore/Norman area have a recommendation for a gunsmith to fix my Walther p22? Acts like maybe mag safety isn’t working. Won’t engage hammer when you pull the trigger with or without magazines in it. I’ve tried with both mags no bang… 😢

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you examined the slide for cracks? Wasn't this an issue at some point because they are made of zinc castings and there were some design flaws.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you examined the slide for cracks? Wasn't this an issue at some point because they are made of zinc castings and there were some design flaws.
Yep.
Happened to mine just a couple months ago, however my issue didn't cause any other malfunctions until the fatal catastrophic break & the slide flying off & hit my wife in the face.

But if there is a crack & there is a flex or bend or something, it could cause other issues.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you just remove the mag safety? I don’t like them and have removed them on several guns. It also typically can help improve trigger pull.
Otherwise, I would just get with Walther and send it back and let them handle it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom