Walther PPK, PPK/S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one, an Interarms PPK/S (made by Ranger) in stainless steel, .380ACP back in like 1995. I LOVED that pistol. I had some light engraving done on it and always intended for it to be given to a grandson. So, a few years ago, I gave it to my daughter to put away for just that purpose, and to keep me from shooting the ever-lovin' crap out of it. It remains one of the most accurate small pistols I have ever fired. Mine was never picky about ammo, but it did not like being too dirty at all and would start choking up on me at 75-100 rounds before I had to at least punch the barrel, and wipe the ramp, rails and breech face to get it back in action. It liked to be run wet too. I have had a couple of others since, but sold my last really nice one to a forum member here a year or so ago, as I best recall. Kinda regret it as they are becoming really hard to get in excellent shape anyway. They are funny guns with a few quirky things about them that seem common. As I said, they don't play well when dirty. But, you'd never wear a dirty gun in a Tux anyway, so... also, the safety tends to "drop" down in SAFE on some of them when firing, after the gun has had the safety lever actuated a bunch of times, the detent on the safety drum and the pin that goes in it wears and you will be shooting away and the darn thing will drop down into SAFE. Wish the design was such that SAFE was up and FIRE was down. Anyway, I understand that Walther USA out of Ft Smith is going to bring them back, in .380 only, but not in .32 ACP as I wish they would. The PP, PPK, and PPK'S are iconic pistols, perhaps of an era long gone, but man, those things have beautiful lines and with their fixed barrel, they are very accurate. But they do have a stout recoil and a stiff slide, plus they have the infamous "Walther Bite. I'd get a new one pretty PDQ I think, just to have one. Anybody else beside ldp here a PPK, PPK/S fan?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some years after I sold my (German) PPK/S I looked at the American model in Stainless. Trigger was absolutely horrible so I passed. If they made one here AND it had a decent trigger, I would buy it. That said I would prefer a 32 because I only have one 32 now and I like to have at least two of every caliber.

As to my Walther, i could run it all day and it did not matter how dirty she got, she would still run. I do miss that you gun.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was reading a forum the other day where a guy stumbled upon a rare gym. It was a PPK-L in 22LR. Apparently, they made one in "lightweight" that had an aluminium alloy frame. He was saying it was a blast to shoot. I'd like to give it a whirl.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading a forum the other day where a guy stumbled upon a rare gym. It was a PPK-L in 22LR. Apparently, they made one in "lightweight" that had an aluminium alloy frame. He was saying it was a blast to shoot. I'd like to give it a whirl.

Yes, I've read about these too. But seeing as how the PP series have a fixed barrel, I wonder how well it would hold up? I'd still like to get hold of one.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a PPK off gunbroker a few months ago. It's a 1995 vintage Interarms model. It's in great shape, but I paid too much for it. Always wanted one and finally decided to pull the trigger. I really like the way it's put together and shoots. It and my S&W model 19 would be the last to go if the everything went south on me.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a PPK off gunbroker a few months ago. It's a 1995 vintage Interarms model. It's in great shape, but I paid too much for it. Always wanted one and finally decided to pull the trigger. I really like the way it's put together and shoots. It and my S&W model 19 would be the last to go if the everything went south on me.

If you do decide to part with it, gimme first crack? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you do decide to part with it, gimme first crack? The one I passed on to my daughter was also an Interarms. Stainless. I love the damn things. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom