92x performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rammulek

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I edc my 92x performance model sometimes and I had a confrontation from someone the other day about it being holstered with one in the chamber, the hammer back and the thumb safety on. He said the 92x is unsafe when the hammer is back regardless if the safety is on due to it not having the extra grip safety like the 1911's. Is he correct or should I ignore him and continue carrying the way I do?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Your boy is incorrect. It's considered safe if holstered, hammer cocked and safety locked. Our M9s were carried both decocked and cocked & locked. We'd normally decock out of habit but it doesn't matter.

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I edc my 92x performance model sometimes and I had a confrontation from someone the other day about it being holstered with one in the chamber, the hammer back and the thumb safety on. He said the 92x is unsafe when the hammer is back regardless if the safety is on due to it not having the extra grip safety like the 1911's. Is he correct or should I ignore him and continue carrying the way I do?
The correct response is, "OK grandpa, let's get you back to bed."