wanamacher disappointment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I guess I was lucky. I got great deals on two nice M1 Garands, did a satisfactory trade of some unneeded M1 parts for a near-perfect uncut WRA op rod (pretty rare these days!) and I also sold some surplus M2 AP 30-06 for less than market value just to pass along a good deal to someone else.

If you're looking for some Federal M855 green-tip 5.56 ammo, J&C Sales on the upper level, opposite the RRA dealer on the south side, has the 420-round ammo cans for $140 OTD. The best price I'd seen lately for that stuff was $150...

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
didnt really see anything i liked much. nothing i collect, and nothing outstanding. the 7.62x39 seemed over priced too. usually you can find one or two places selling it a couple bucks cheaper than having it shipped to you..., not really the case this time. i was keeping my eyes open for a psl or dragnov, maybe i was blind, but i didnt even see one.

it was still fun to walk around it. got my 2012 calender from the tac girls. so i am set for the new year.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
reddog i was just browsing, i want a glock 17 or 34. or a 1911 in a 45, or a ar in 308. nothing was priced right. i remember when you could go to a show and at least see some good deals. i am not trying to rob the dealers but a gun that is beat up pretty good that is priced like new is a little frustrating.
I seen a nice 17 with 3 hicap mags, hard case, and the goodies for $425 otd at RK today. RK had alot of junk dealers, but I got to see a few OSA guys, and seen some pretty decent prices at a couple of tables.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seen a nice 17 with 3 hicap mags, hard case, and the goodies for $425 otd at RK today. RK had alot of junk dealers, but I got to see a few OSA guys, and seen some pretty decent prices at a couple of tables.
thats a good price. the ones i was seeing today were about 10-25 dollars from new price. but even used its usually easy to find a glock 17 for 450, they wanted 500-550 and they had been well used.

mr.haney

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went and spent most of the day and visited with several OSA members.The smaller shows seem to have much better deals walking around.The BIG show seems to be when everyone loses their minds.

okwarren

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster here. I agree I was disappointed this time. Last fall I got a good deal there on my first pistol. HK USP 45 for only $500.

This year I was looking for a Ruger SR-556. I think I'll just try to order it off of the B.A.N.G. website and be done with it.

I hope you guys have a better time next year! :(

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a few deals if you look. Also, if you are not jonesing for a "deal," there is a good selection. In otherwords, if you are willing to pay market price, as opposed to trying to get a "deal," there is a nice selection.

Personally, I don't want a "deal" when I am at a gun show, I want to make the seller or buyer feel like he was violated in a prison drama.

Latest posts

Top Bottom