Want to Date My Winchester

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thats a good looking gun. Where'd you come across it?

It was for sale here in the classifieds.

The minute I saw it, I knew it had to be mine. :w000t:

I've wanted a big loop Winchester for about 30 years, but the only ones I had seen were Commemoratives that were up into the thousands! :ooh2:.

I can still remember the day John Wayne died. Channel 8 in Tulsa preempted their regular programming and played True Grit and Rooster Cogburn that night, back to back. I was a young man of about 10/11 years old. When I saw him spin that Winchester, I was hooked! :shocked:

coffeecup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats nice alright..
..I just picked up a mod94 last week. Its not unique like yours but I knew that I wanted it when I first spotted it. I'm just kindof hooked on these lever actions for now.. ..Yours sure is a beaut'.. did you say how many commemoratives like yours were made?..

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats nice alright..
..I just picked up a mod94 last week. Its not unique like yours but I knew that I wanted it when I first spotted it. I'm just kindof hooked on these lever actions for now.. ..Yours sure is a beaut'.. did you say how many commemoratives like yours were made?..

I'm not sure. You would think that they made several, but maybe they didn't.

I haven't seen any others. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom