Want to try before I buy at USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ugoleftillgorite

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What can I do with a day pass to USSA? I want to try out the different pistol ranges to see if it measures up to the hype, but I am under the impression that a day pass restricts you to the static ranges (no steels). Is this the case? If so, can I gain access to the restricted ranges as someone's guest? I am interested in getting the yearly membership but funds are tight and I want to make sure its what I want.

And in no way am I knocking USSA, because I have toured the facility and met some of the staff and think the place is incredible, but I think that you would be able to increase traffic if you had a free pass for first time visitors. Or at least a pass with a little more access, even if that meant having a staff member with you. Thats what would sell me, anyway. Just my :twocents:.

ultimase

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we went there to try everything out with a day pass they did not restrict us only to the paper ranges. They pretty much let us roam around and shoot whatever we wanted. It may vary but in our experience they were very accommodating.

The day passes you may be confusing it with are the coupon book day passes, those restrict you to the paper only.

joshuasmaximus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
AFAIK if you are the guest of a member, you can do anything they can do except dynamic (shooting while moving). There will be plenty of steel and reactive target bays to eat a ton of brass.

Have fun, I love that place.

ugoleftillgorite

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, thanks for setting me straight! I might have confused them with my question about day passes and made it sound like the coupon book or something. I'll most likely head out there this weekend then! Got a new pistol to try out.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Well, thanks for setting me straight! I might have confused them with my question about day passes and made it sound like the coupon book or something. I'll most likely head out there this weekend then! Got a new pistol to try out.
If you want to try out training group I will let you jump into a level 1 carbine or handgun session. Just email me when you think you can show up!

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With a Day Pass you have access to all but the Multi-purpose bays, Reactive Steel (Rogers Range) and our training bays. You can also access South Carbine and the 300 yd rifle range when available. The Action Pistol bays include the plate racks, Running Man and turning targets. You do have access to paper or steel but not Steel Challenge. Glad Steve has you coming out for Training Group. We are preparing to offer TG as a perk for Concealed Carry grads. PM or call me at the Academy with questions or concerns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom