Washington Post column that has to be read to be laughed at

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no NRA-groupie but this article is honestly just stupid.:disappoin

Here are some highlights for the lazy: (I added emphasis in bold)

I began my brief assault on local fauna at age 12, and I had “taken” four white-tailed deer, a couple of javelina and innumerable quail and dove by the time I got my driver’s license at 16.

There are, today, few who hunt with handguns or assault rifles equipped with 100-clip magazines. There are even fewer reasons to do so. But the National Rifle Association’s principal focus has evolved mostly to those.

Now, handguns excel at certain things. They are unequaled at killing people at close range: quite useful for law enforcement officers and drug dealers. They’re genuine security in a drawer for those who have received unambiguous threats, like my friend Gabby Giffords. They’re even a useful, if dubious, tool to defend yourself from murderers and rapists breaking in at 2 a.m.

Just days ago a dozen citizens were murdered and about five dozen plugged with slugs from a trinity of firearms. Setting aside the shotgun, it bears mentioning that the Glock and assault rifle James Holmes is suspected of firing in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater were being used for the purpose for which they were designed, manufactured and sold.

The NRA shills for gun makers who profit from the murder of American citizens. If you think the country’s policies are shaped by Judeo-Christian values, you’re not paying attention.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-killing-is-a-profitable-enterprise/2012/07/27/gJQAA3RnEX_story.html?hpid=z8&socialreader_check=0&denied=1

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you noticed that "anti gunners" always preface their speeches/articles with a variation of ..."I've owned/shot guns since I was a small child" or "my dad and I hunt.......".

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you noticed that "anti gunners" always preface their speeches/articles with a variation of ..."I've owned/shot guns since I was a small child" or "my dad and I hunt.......".

Not always, the ones who don't know a clip from a magazine or a Mauser from a Mosin will just start spewing their bull**** without any real knowledge of what they're talking about. I laughed when I read 100-clip magazine!

Latest posts

Top Bottom