Watch Carrier tell 1,400 Indianpolis employees their jobs are being sent to Mexico

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes....unless we're talking about running drugs.

I agree with Dennis, that's racist. If we can offshore manufacturing jobs to improve the bottom line, we can just as easily do the same with CEO jobs, if not more so. If Carrier refuses to hire a Mexican CEO, they're racist too and everyone should boycott them!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with Dennis, that's racist. If we can offshore manufacturing jobs to improve the bottom line, we can just as easily do the same with CEO jobs, if not more so. If Carrier refuses to hire a Mexican CEO, they're racist too and everyone should boycott them!

But the CEO is doing an acceptable job of increasing profits, the plant workers, not so much.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the CEO is doing an acceptable job of increasing profits, the plant workers, not so much.

Are you saying there's a limit on how profitable a CEO should make a company for it's shareholders, and that limit generally lies between offshoring blue collar jobs, but not CEO jobs? After all, if he can save the shareholders millions of dollars on their salaries, shouldn't they also be saving millions on his salary? Why is a large profit good, but an even larger profit bad? Can you explain that to us?

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carrier did not send their evaporator plant to Mexico to cut costs to be competitive. They didn't drop their price over competitors, but were still higher than some. It was pure profit driven at the expense of the US worker and consumer. The product they produced sucked and I hope it cost them market share.

I've been to the plants in Indy. It was a sizable operation. Sucks for the people up there. Carrier got greedy, cut corners for profit and the product suffered. I hope the shareholders suffer from it . Bottom line..:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you saying there's a limit on how profitable a CEO should make a company for it's shareholders, and that limit generally lies between offshoring blue collar jobs, but not CEO jobs? After all, if he can save the shareholders millions of dollars on their salaries, shouldn't they also be saving millions on his salary? Why is a large profit good, but an even larger profit bad? Can you explain that to us?

A CEO is not likely to fire his or her self, but the board of directors might if they get wind of your ideas.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Corporations are people, humans are the food for the corporations. Brought to you by the criminals you vote for each election. Trump, Cruz, Bernie or Hillary will save you which is why you'll choose them to be your Jesus like Obama was the savior for the fools who wanted him to be their Jesus.

For someone pretty new here... I haven't seen ALL your posts, but ALL of the ones I've seen and remember are on this theme. You seem awfully focused on this concept.

Latest posts

Top Bottom