Weapons are not allowed at the Oklahoma State Fair.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please explain, what is different about the buildings?(nothing...)

The argument is that they are "buildings owned or leased by a government authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public." Nobody wants to be a test case. Like post offices.

^^^This. Feel free to conceal to get in the gates and then switch to open carry and let us know how entering a building that works out for you. My aim (hehe) when concealing a weapon on my person is to have it available if needed to protect myself and family, not be a test case.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The argument is that they are "buildings owned or leased by a government authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public." Nobody wants to be a test case. Like post offices.

I hate to perpetuate the thread but the fair is ran by a private entity is it not? If it is a private group running the fair then you are conducting business with the private entity, not the govt. Makes no real difference to me as I won't go anyways but they do make sub compacts for a reason.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to perpetuate the thread but the fair is ran by a private entity is it not? If it is a private group running the fair then you are conducting business with the private entity, not the govt. Makes no real difference to me as I won't go anyways but they do make sub compacts for a reason.

Nice little mouse gun in a Desantis holster works just fine at the fair.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Throughout the calendar year, the State Fair has to be the most ghetto place I go. It's the one place I knowingly place my family around felons and just regular shitbags. Of course I'm going to carry there.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Throughout the calendar year, the State Fair has to be the most ghetto place I go. It's the one place I knowingly place my family around felons and just regular shitbags. Of course I'm going to carry there.

Yup.

I still enjoy some of the food, the tractors and some other displays (kids love the Agtropolis or whatever it's called). We go early in the day, figuring most of the sh$tbags haven't climbed out of their holes yet or the ones that have are sluggish and slow from whatever sh$tbaggery they were up to the night before.

I've never gone to the fair unarmed in over a decade....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'll pass, thank you. We talked about going but decided to "do the zoo" instead. It was us, the zoo employees and the animals ... I LUV going places like that when the weather is "bad" ... cuz we have the place to ourselves! :naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom